Annie Hall

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
HooferX
Forum Addict

Annie Hall

Postby HooferX » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:37 pm

Alvy Singer: Here, you look like a very happy couple, um, are you?
Female street stranger: Yeah.
Alvy Singer: Yeah? So, so, how do you account for it?
Female street stranger: Uh, I'm very shallow and empty and I have no ideas and nothing interesting to say.
Male street stranger: And I'm exactly the same way.
Alvy Singer: I see. Wow. That's very interesting. So you've managed to work out something?

HooferX
Forum Addict

Duane of Wisconsin

Postby HooferX » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:44 pm

And of course, Sconnie Duane (played by Christopher Walken).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGPcSd7DDLk

Duane: Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist,I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.
Alvy Singer: Right. Well, I have to - I have to go now, Duane, because I, I'm due back on the planet Earth.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:33 pm

"Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym."- Woody Allen

"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love."- Woody Allen

"Sex with you is a really Kafka-esque experience."- Shelly Duvall

"Oh, what I wouldn't give for a large sock filled with horse manure."- Woody Allen

"Slyvie Plath. Interesting poetess who's tragic suicide was misinterpreted as romantic by the college girl mentality"- Woody Allen

"Well, I just think she's neat."- Diane Keaton

I can think of loads more. "Crimes and Misdemeanors" is very quotable, as well. Um... and "Manhattan."

Return to “Movies”