Marcus' Flagship Theater, The Majestic, Opens In Brookfield

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Marcus' Flagship Theater, The Majestic, Opens In Brookfield

Postby MadMind » Wed May 23, 2007 8:27 pm

While Madison was busy with the opening of Sundance Cinema, the Milwaukee area welcomed the opening of Marcus' flagship multiplex in Brookfield, The Majestic, which replaced Marcus owned West Point, 20241 W. Blue Mound Road in Brookfield, and Westown, 2440 E. Moreland Blvd. in Waukesha.

http://www.marcusmajestic.com/
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=597304
http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php?id=636
http://www.brookfieldnow.com/story/index.aspx?id=601945

marinara

job #2

Postby marinara » Wed May 23, 2007 9:07 pm

I work there

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: job #2

Postby MadMind » Wed May 23, 2007 11:54 pm

marinara wrote:I work there

Cool, so do I get some free movie tickets for the free press?

Two Ultrascreens, The Palladium - a live theater/music venue, the Take Five Cocktail Lounge, Zaffiro's Pizza Cafe, Ice Cream Coffee Cafe featuring Stone Creek Coffee Roaster's and Madison's own Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream is all incredibly impressive to have under one roof.

My one criticism would be that I'm surprised any theater would build from the ground up in this day & age without including a few digital screens.

The Madison area's Star Cinema is still the only place in the state that you can see first-run feature-films (i.e. Spiderman 3) in IMAX, or 3D IMAX films!

marinara

Re: job #2

Postby marinara » Thu May 24, 2007 8:14 am

MadMind wrote:Cool, so do I get some free movie tickets for the free press?

If you show up in Brookfield any evening between now and Sunday night - I'll let you in.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu May 24, 2007 10:32 am

Spiderman 3 sucked.

marinara

Postby marinara » Thu May 24, 2007 1:51 pm

all the threequels are pretty lame

super.jm

Re: Marcus' Flagship Theater, The Majestic, Opens In Brookfield

Postby super.jm » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:01 am

i have here some little information about free movie ticket,

Free movie tickets are among the most popular freebies on the market. Studios and advertisement agencies free movie tickets as enticements for increasing sales and profits.

Movie Studios often offer free movie tickets or a free screening of their new movies. The premise is that it will build up word of mouth hype around the movie and attract droves of more theatergoers to watch the movie. For example, when the movie Erin Brockovich was to be released in Bangalore, India, free tickets were distributed to women on a first come- first serve basis to organize an all woman screening on the first day.

Sometimes studios or theatres make arrangements with companies, offices, or educational institutions to distribute free tickets to their members. Children in particular are treated to free movie screenings. Some companies offer free movie tickets as incentives added to their compensation.

If you want to read more here hope you will like this little information i got,

by: Superbowl tickets

Troy Thiel
Forum Addict

Postby Troy Thiel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am

Looks fantastic..thanks for posting..will check it out.

Wouldn't something like that be sweet in our Downtown? rather than having to drive to the fringes? The Downtown Plan has character district #6...that would be a great location for it.

Downtown for dinner, movie, shopping...by bike, bus, car (garages are very empty on nights and weekends downtown when people would most often go to movies) or walk..highest density in the area with 40,000 students ta boot...

Urban cineplexes are working in many places like downtown Madison..Evanston,Clayton/Ucity Mo and many more

DMI Studies (Downtown Dynamic and Transpotainment Surveys) find this at the top of the list in missing activities in the Downtown...

Wonder if Marcus would consider doing something similar here?

MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind75 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Funny that a spammer (super.jm) managed to bump this thread.
Just to note, Marcus Majestic isn't downtown. Downtown Milwaukee has no multi-plex, although Marcus was interested (at least at one time) to put one in downtown Milwaukee.
Marcus is already planning a new theater on the east side of Madison, and a new theater on the southeast side of Madison in the Tradewinds Business Center. So I'm not so sure they'd want to be looking at downtown Madison right now, and there isn't really any room for one is there?

Return to “Movies”