America: Freedom to Fascism

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.
Dulouz
Forum God/Goddess

America: Freedom to Fascism

Postby Dulouz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:02 pm

Aaron Russo does his best Michael Moore impersonation in this liberatarian nightmare scenario of government enforced RFID chips and total control.

Anyone seen it?

Russo proves that being a good producer is no predictor of being a good director or legal expert.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:37 am

I've just recently watched this and I find it fascinating to be honest. I don't have much of an opinion on Russo but the people interviewed for the most part seemed pretty legit. Russo obviously molded the film to fit his argument, but nothing I saw made me discount it as a load of crap. I had already done some reading on the fed and if what is known about it isn't enough to make the american public cringe, then I don't know what would. I mean, explained in simple terms, control of the nations money was turned over from the government (the people) to a group of banks (for-profit businesses) with a very deceptive name. Like the movie says, the federal reserve has about as much to do with the government as federal express. And who was it set up by? J.P. Morgan, Rockefeller, et al. Yes, stellar pillars of the community with only the public interest in mind.

At the least I think it is something people should watch to at least educate themselves on the history of a couple of things that have a pretty big influence over the financial part of our lives.

Return to “Movies”