Film print scanning

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Film print scanning

Postby Beaver » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:51 pm

I have a collection of about 500 film prints 4x6 and would like to digitize them. Camera Company will do a box of them for $100. Or I can send them out of state to on-line store for less cost, but I would worry more about the photos getting lost or damaged. Have any of you scanned a lot of photos? If so what do you recommend?

Top 10 Photo Scanning Services
http://www.toptenreviews.com/services/m ... -services/

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Film print scanning

Postby Roy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Get a decent scanner and scan them yourself. Print them on photo paper, I have done dozens of them, and after a few trial and errors you make decent copies.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:18 pm

You have dozens of what, photos or scanners? I have 500+ photos. An affordable scanner that does them one by one would be slow. A bulk scanner would cost at least $500 which is too much.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:48 pm

Beaver wrote:You have dozens of what, photos or scanners? I have 500+ photos. An affordable scanner that does them one by one would be slow. A bulk scanner would cost at least $500 which is too much.

Yes scanning is time consuming. I suppose whether worthwhile, depends on how much time one has on their hands.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”