Amazon customer support could use an English lesson

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Amazon customer support could use an English lesson

Postby Beaver » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:42 am

Here is a recent reply I got from Amazon customer support. As is often the case, it's clear as mud. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Dear Seller,

From your email, I came know that your buyer have issue the payment card for this order.

Upon reviewing the order on your account, we came to know that it was pending status. Since there was problem with the buyer payment card this order became pending.

As Amazon automatically tries to collect payment for pending orders within a 7 day window from the date of purchase from the buyer. Each time a buyer updates their card within their account or contacts Customer Service to update their payment method on the order, Amazon will try to collect payment for the order. In some cases, our payment and order detail verification processes may potentially extend order processing times for as long as 21 days.

On the other hand, if the buyer does not correct this payment method within 7 days from the day he or she placed the order, it will be automatically cancelled by us. This is to protect our sellers from any fraudulent buyers.

Generally, If the Order has been pending status for more than 7 days, then order will be automatically canceled and then this cancelled order will get added to the sellers inventory within 48 hours.

In this case, please don't ship the item before we authorize the buyer payment card or cancel this order which will impact your seller performance score.

Suppose, If the buyer contacted you regarding this order, please advise this situation, and invited to correct the payment method used for this order within seven days or direct the buyer to contact Amazon customer service to sort out this decline payment issue for processing this order because they are the person's to handle buyer payment issue.

I hope this helps in addressing your concern. We really appreciate your diligence in understanding the Amazon policies and procedures. Have a great day!

Siddharth S.
Amazon.com Seller Support

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Amazon customer support could use an English lesson

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:14 am

I wasn't surprised by the signature...

I was once wished an "upright" day...

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:19 am

Looks to me like there's a problem with your card which threw the order into pending, and you have seven days to fix it.

I understand the frustration in dealing with people who aren't native to our country but after six years of working with Teaching Assistants who know the subject and genuinely wanted to help me but were still learning the language and customs, and then about twenty years of working with programmers and database admins who knew the tech better than the language and bent over backwards to understand me and help me understand them, I might have a different perspective on it.

Sddharth up there reads like he's got a good grip on basic English but is putting his phrases into the same format as his native language. Germans do that as well but it's a little different and easier for us to understand.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 am

rabble wrote:Looks to me like there's a problem with your card which threw the order into pending, and you have seven days to fix it.

I'm the seller. Problem is with the buyer's card that made order pending. See how confusing Siddharth is.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Yeah. A person would have to know whether he was the seller or buyer to understand it. Ya got me there.

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:15 pm

After working with many, many ESL people in IT, I have no complaint with people that know their stuff but have some quirks in how they communicate. My concern is that some managers will accept a communication level so low that it would immediately disqualify a native speaker, when the ESL person does *not* possess advanced, or even adequate, technical skills.

rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Given the evidence laid before us, do you think the Beav is dealing with that sort of thing?

Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:40 pm

rabble wrote:Given the evidence laid before us, do you think the Beav is dealing with that sort of thing?

Not really - just rambled off on a bit of a tangent.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”