Chromebooks

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Chromebooks

Postby snoqueen » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:31 am

I use exactly that setup and it is fully satisfactory.

If you really want to be paranoid, put the linux on a thumb drive and set the BIOS to boot from the drive. You can use this every time you boot up, or just when you choose to.

To be fair the laptop is my home setup and I use other devices when I am out. I do all the stuff where I want security, like bank transactions, from home on a clean loaded OS.

I suppose this prevents exactly nothing, but I like it.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:29 pm

9am and Neade was already (still?) so wasted drunk that he couldn't even read straight?

Not sure if I should congratulate or pity him....

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:44 pm

pjbogart wrote:... And if you use Google Chrome for your web browser your pc/laptop and chromebook will synch up whenever you use it, meaning it will update all of your bookmarks, browsing history and probably other stuff I don't know about...

it has an "Incognito" mode (shift/control/n), so you're not loading up the Hard drive, which is 16 gig, btw... ...
You’ve gone incognito

Pages you view in incognito tabs won’t stick around in your browser’s history, cookie store, or search history after you’ve closed all of your incognito tabs. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be kept. Learn more about incognito browsing

Going incognito doesn’t hide your browsing from your employer, your internet service provider, or the websites you visit.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”