Email with Tracphone

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Email with Tracphone

Postby Shorty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 pm

I have been using an AT&T simple phone with pay as you go for cell service. Besides calls I use it to read my Yahoo email. On April 1, AT&T disabled mobile email so I can't use it to read Yahoo anymore.

Can I read yahoo Email with a Tracphone simple phone? Are any of you using a Tracphone for email?

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Email with Tracphone

Postby snoqueen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:52 pm

If you are willing to upgrade your tracfone to the moto-e model, you will find it is a full featured smartphone with an android operating system and a complete browser. This phone uses both WiFi and tracfone's own little web-access service. You can read your email either way, using an app from the app store or by launching whichever browser you've installed.

I have found this phone completely satisfactory.

Tracfone also has a couple other smart phones.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Good to know but I prefer simple phones. Does anyone use email with a simple phone for tracfone, or other provider?

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Shorty wrote:Good to know but I prefer simple phones. Does anyone use email with a simple phone for tracfone, or other provider?

I use a non-smart Tracfone as my phone, but use an iPad for email. I would rather hit myself in the head with a hammer than use that phone for email.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:52 pm

kurt_w wrote:I would rather hit myself in the head with a hammer than use that phone for email.

Why? The screen on my flip phone is big enough to read email. All I want to do is read it, not reply to it.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Let me guess. You also want to hear people on a call but not say anything back to them.

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:12 pm

Shorty wrote:
kurt_w wrote:I would rather hit myself in the head with a hammer than use that phone for email.

Why? The screen on my flip phone is big enough to read email. All I want to do is read it, not reply to it.

Screen size isn't the problem. The phone's web interface is just horrible. Slow, ugly, primitive... Yuck.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sat May 09, 2015 9:09 am

The web interface is bad but I don't use that for email. I use the built in email app which works fine.

snoqueen wrote:Let me guess. You also want to hear people on a call but not say anything back to them.

Bad analogy. No I talk and listen for phone calls. But I don't send emails because the key pad is too small and primitive to type easily. Who would type emails on a flip phone?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat May 09, 2015 2:29 pm

I read email just fine with my new Tracfone LG Optimus Fuel.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sat May 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Good to know I will look into it. TMobile prepaid looks like a good deal, also. I could use a simple phone there for just $3/month and may be able to read email, so I may go that route.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”