Bloodborne

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bloodborne

Postby pjbogart » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Well, I think it probably took two dozen tries, but my nephew and I finally beat the final boss of "The Old Hunters" on both of our characters. It was beastly. Dark Souls 2 Ivory King DLC boss(es) Lud and Zallen (before they were nerfed) were ridiculously hard too, but I think that the "Orphan of Kos" takes the cake. Stupid hard, but we beat him. Twice.

Dark Souls 3 comes out next March or April. It will be the final installment and I'm actually looking forward to ending this epic ride. It's just too hard. Too much frustration. Satisfying, but I feel like it has taken a toll on my heart.

I'll be glad when it's finally over.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:39 pm

In the run up to Dark Souls 3 I made an effort to finally accomplish something I've never tried, though it's not necessarily harder than my DS2 no-death run: I beat Bloodborne on NG+7 without summoning anyone, NPC or human. Basically, the Souls games have no difficulty settings, they are what they are, but each time you finish the game it becomes a bit harder. Bosses do more damage, take less damage and have more health. NG+7 is the holy grail of Dark Souls difficulty. It simply doesn't get any more difficult.

So here you see me fighting perhaps the hardest boss of the Souls series on the hardest difficulty, NG+7. All apologies to Dr Awkward, I stole his name, but there are literally hundreds of them on PSN and it fits like a glove, or perhaps an extra-small condom. Here's the fight:

Yikes. But perhaps the most infamous moment of Bloodborne's DLC was the "fish ogres", where you had to fight one of the hardest foes in the game, and when you got him to half health one of his buddies joined the fray. All for an achievement and weapon I'll never use:

But Bloodborne isn't all scary monsters... there are some stylish ladies in the mix too. Of course, they're trying to kill you, but I've got a solution to that:

It seemed like a shame to kill such a graceful fighter...

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:52 am

That last sequence is just insane.

Halfway through I started smelling something burning -- well, there's fire all over the place in the game, so it seemed normal -- and then I realized there was some toast stuck in the toaster.

How'd you do THAT?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:34 am

snoqueen wrote:That last sequence is just insane.

Halfway through I started smelling something burning -- well, there's fire all over the place in the game, so it seemed normal -- and then I realized there was some toast stuck in the toaster.

How'd you do THAT?

Face it Sno, you WANT to BE Lady Maria. She's dexterous and deadly, stylish and deadly, beautiful and... uh... deadly.

And you CAN be Lady Maria. After killing her you can buy her outfit and get her deadly twin blades by killing the double fish ogres, the second video in the post. That earns you the Rakuyo, otherwise known as Maria's Twin Blade.

But be warned: the fight isn't easy.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 am

What I actually want to be is the person who draws the scenery. I love doing 3D modeling and when my ship comes in, the first thing I'm buying is a great big computer, a great big screen, and some $$$ modeling software. Then I'll never post on the forum again because I'll be creating worlds 24/7.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:35 pm

I've been working Bloodborne with an un-upgraded character for my "Scrublord" channel. I killed what are often considered the most difficult bosses in Bloodborne; Martyr Logarius and Ebrietas with a starting character, meaning that I never leveled up the entire game. It was a bitch.

You know the drill... leave me a like and subscribe. I enjoy the feedback, even if I'm not earning anything.

Oh, and as for politics... I don't give a shit. If the American people are so stupid as to elect Donald Trump, then they deserve what they get. I tossed some money at Feingold, though.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:24 pm

The election is over. It's time to start looking down-ticket...

Here's me killing one of the hardest bosses in Bloodborne in 75 seconds with an un-leveled character... Oh, the luck!

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:42 am

This one is for Sno...

Lady Maria is apparently weak to bullying. Get in her grill and don't let up.

I'm afraid my Bloodborne BL4 run is certainly going to be delayed by the release of the Dark Souls III DLC next Tuesday. I still have the Orphan of Kos, Laurence, Gehrman and the Moon Presence to kill and there's simply no way I'll be able to pull that off before next Tuesday.

But thanks to anyone who gave my channel a watch. I'm not making any money off it, but I love playing video games and appreciate feedback, so posting difficult boss fights is a win-win for me.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”