Cheap smartphone plans

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Cheap smartphone plans

Postby penquin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Neade wrote:You're annoying me right now

If that is all it takes to get under your skin, then you really need to get laid. Sounds like it's been a while...

Neade
Forum Addict

Postby Neade » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:19 pm

penquin wrote:Sounds like it's been a while...

That shit is gold, Penguin. Pure gold.

Uh, I mean, that's not what your mom said. Is that how this is supposed to go?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Neade wrote:That shit is gold, Penguin. Pure gold.

Well, it ain't nearly as golden as "Eat the peanuts out of my shit", but kinda figured it'd be right up your alley anyways.

Thanks for recognizing...

Neade
Forum Addict

Postby Neade » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:03 pm

What is it called where you deliberately type or speak like a dumbass just to sound folksy or whatever, all the while acting like a complete horse's sack?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Ha! Now THAT'S some pure gold there, 'cause I can tell it's from the heart. You didn't just use a generic throw-away "your momma" insult this time...this is something you've been stewing about for a while.

What's really funny is that I ain't faking anything. I type like I talk and talk like I type. Am always me whether it is online or face-to-face...heck, many folks even call me "Penquin" offline. Just 'cause you're putting on a bit o' an act when online doesn't mean everyone else here is faking as well.

And why bust my balls over my lack of intelligence? I know I'm dumb about a lot of things, that's why I ask a lot of questions. You're obviously a very intelligent person (no snark there - you're an asshole, but you're not a stupid asshole) and you've repeatedly said you're much smarter than me, so I gotta wonder...how thrilling is it for you to constantly be punching down?

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 pm

penquin wrote:
snoqueen wrote:You aren't the only person who hears your ringtone. So does everyone else within earshot. If you're subjecting them to advertising jingles every time you get a call it'll be annoying and intrusive and you may earn some negative reactions. Hopefully you can set the damn phones on vibrate.

Is your ringtone always on vibrate when you're in public, or do you annoy and intrude on everyone within earshot whenever you receive a call or text?

Like I said in my May 7 post, when you receive a call or text your phone uses it's normal ring tone. What ever ring tone you have set on the phone.

When you make a call, instead of hearing a ring tone you hear an ad or jingle for a few seconds until the phone is answered or voice mail comes on. As for what snoqueen says, others around you will hear the ad or jingle IF you have the volume turned up or speaker phone on. If not, nobody else will notice it.

RingPlus still offers their free plans and is having more promotions 8/27.
https://discourse.ringplus.net/t/new-pr ... ingplus_pr

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Neade wrote:Republic is the way to go if you actually want to use a good smartphone, pay not much each month and have access to wireless networks throughout your day. Gotta pony up for the phone, but you have to do that with a landline, too.

Republic is a good deal for wifi calling only, which most smart phones can do with a free app anyway. But if you are away from wifi and use cellular than the costs add up.

Ringplus is still the best. They have been having promos for 1,000 minutes, 1,000 texts, and 1gb data for free every month with just a $5 or $10 top-up one time fee. I got that plan last week on two smart phones. To those of you paying $30/mo or so for plans like that, all I can say is: too bad.

Got a Sprint phone? Get a free mobile service plan
Or buy a compatible phone for just $50. Either way, you'll score a surprising amount of minutes, text messages and data.
http://www.cnet.com/news/got-a-sprint-p ... vice-plan/

"Today's deal sounds too good to be true. And, yet, although there are a couple small caveats, I can find no red flags, no major causes for concern. Today only, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. PT, RingPlus Mobile is offering free mobile service plans for owners -- or buyers -- of Sprint phones. That plan includes 1,000 voice minutes, 1,000 text messages, and 1,000MB (aka 1GB) of LTE (!) data every month. Free. Period. Before you click through, however, read on. This offer is part of something called the Future Free Plan Research Project, and it's only the third time RingPlus has offered it. To get in on the action, you need two things: a Twitter account and an inactive Sprint-branded phone."
Last edited by Beaver on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Get free phone service from RingPlus
From the Cheapskate: No, really, free. And not just for Sprint phones this time -- the carrier now supports eligible phones from AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon as well. This is kind of amazing.
http://www.cnet.com/news/get-free-phone ... 6166441759

"For a limited time, and while supplies last, new RingPlus subscribers can get the Leonardo 2 Free Cell Plan for, well, free. Every month you'll get 1,500 voice minutes, 1,500 text messages and 1.5GB of 4G LTE data. Not only are you getting 50 percent more freebie goodness, but you can use RingPlus with eligible phones from all the Big Four carriers. More on that in a bit.

There has to be a catch, right? There are two, and they're small. First, when you make an outgoing call, you'll hear an ad in place of ringing. Big whoop. Second, the plan doesn't include picture or video messaging (aka MMS). Those cost 4 cents apiece unless you use a data-powered messaging app like iMessage or WhatsApp.

You also have to pony up a little bit of cash -- $15 this time -- in "top-up" credit. This remains untouched in your account unless you exceed any part of your plan. Here's clarification on that straight from RingPlus:

A minimum top-up of $15 (+ applicable taxes and fees) is required at sign up. If, and only if, the top-up is depleted to $0 from overages or other premium actions (e.g., porting, number changes, etc.) another top-up of $15 will automatically be charged to the member's credit card. If a member does not go over these free allotments, the Leonardo 2 Free Plan will remain free."

Return to “Technology & Video Games”