Charter going bankrupt?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Charter going bankrupt?

Postby Shipley » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:21 pm

snoqueen wrote:
Beer Moon wrote:On the one hand, many, many, many things suck about Charter.

On the other hand, the same things suck about ANY ISP in the United States. They all get the benefit of legislation that says "it's not a monopoly even though you really have no competition in your area".

How in the world can a virtual monopoly screw things up so badly it goes broke? I seriously do not get this.

Easy: they're not a monopoly. Competiton from Dish and Direct pulls away customers. telephone companies pull away internet customers.

Tack on people downgrading or removing services because of an economic crunch (i went from a DVR with many movie channels down to just basic service last year), and they've got less people giving them money.

Not only that, but if cable goes out because of a storm and they have to pay guys overtime to fix it, that not only costs them money, but they have to credit every customer that calls in to complain so they lose even more!

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:57 pm

Beer Moon wrote:they will cap you.

Yow! They hard-core cable-providin' gangsters! I'm liking them better already!

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

TAsunder wrote:I think that bandwidth policy is only in certain markets, but I could be wrong.

Whether or not they did before, they will be soon: Charter to implement bandwidth limits

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Return to “Technology & Video Games”