Ghostbusters 3 to happen as video game?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Ghostbusters 3 to happen as video game?

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 am

Why didn't anyone tell me about this??

Writing by Ramis and Aykroyd, voices by all the original Ghostbusters, plus Walter "This man has no dick" Peck.

Consider my jaw dropped.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:30 am

Oh yeah, best of all it may end up being a good game!

Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver are out though. Moranis retired years ago, and Weaver... well maybe she didn't want to do a game, I don't know.

Aykroyd has also invented and named dozens of new ghosts and weapons, so I expect this to be a weird and awesome addition to the canon.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 am

Moranis...what a turd.

From Wikipedia:

Moranis refused to reprise his role as Louis Tully for Ghostbusters: The Video Game. When asked why during a June 2008 interview, Sierra Entertainment producer Ben Borth stated, "He made so much money off of Honey I Shrunk The Kids that he retired. He just doesn’t want to work anymore."

Classic. Ben Borth is on the Christmas card list with that one.

All I can say is that little fucker better not show up in the Bob & Doug Mackenzie animated series in any way, shape, or form.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:46 am

its a little deeper than that quote makes it sound.

His wife died a few years ago, leaving him a single father. He made enough money off HISTK to afford to retire and be a father full time. He appears occaisionally with Dave Thomas as a favor to a friend and revamping one of his old characters. He hated working on GB2, so you can bet he wasn't excited to get the GB3 call either.

He's not integral to action in the game, so it should be fine. Its not like they'll put Louis Tulley back in the game with a different actor. Tulley just won't be there.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:52 am

Yeah, I read that... Mostly, I just want to be a dink. But I didn't realize that he really hadn't done jack squat since HISTK. But c'mon, Rick. You can do some Christmas movie voice work. Make the fans happy. Do Louis. No need to hire a sitter for the kids. Just feed 'em some french bread pizza, they'll pass right out.

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lordofthecockrings » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:27 am

Shipley wrote:He hated working on GB2...

Probably not as much as I hated watching it.

As for Aykroyd's "inventing" of new ghosts, my guess is what (he thinks) he really did was "research". I make the distinction because, among all the other reasons why Dan Aykroyd is a complete-fucking-unfunny-joke these days is his deeply held beliefs in the paranormal.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:30 am

As for Aykroyd's "inventing" of new ghosts, my guess is what (he thinks) he really did was "research". I make the distinction because, among all the other reasons why Dan Aykroyd is a complete-fucking-unfunny-joke these days is his deeply held beliefs in the paranormal.

When the Zombie revolution comes your brains will be the first to be eaten for saying that.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Where's gozer when we need him?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:58 pm

meowzamusic wrote:Where's gozer when we need him?

Her. (feisty little minx, isn't she?)

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:26 pm

And Murray?

Your makin' me glad I raised boys!

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:10 am

They should just go ahead and make G3 the movie already.

I have the 1990 Sega Genesis Ghostbusters game and have played through it many times. A solid old-school title.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:48 pm

It has been 25 years since Ghostbusters was filmed.

Some of you might like seeing Old Indy, Old Rocky, Old John McClane... But Harold Ramis was never an action hero, and looks far from fit these days.

Keeping it as a game keeps it in the early 90s and keeps the characters and their actions believable.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Shipley wrote:It has been 25 years since Ghostbusters was filmed.

Some of you might like seeing Old Indy, Old Rocky, Old John McClane... But Harold Ramis was never an action hero, and looks far from fit these days.

Keeping it as a game keeps it in the early 90s and keeps the characters and their actions believable.

The Ghostbusters never ran around shirtless flexing their muscles. Whether they are in-shape or not isn't really an issue.
Ghostbusters 2 was never held in very high-regard, so that bubble has already burst. And like you said it's been 25 years - I don't really see the presentation of a G3 film having anything to lose.
A Ghostbusters film in the new millenium could really benefit from all the new-fangled CGI rather than be criticized for it's implementation.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 am

I'd rather have this interactive experience than another 2 hour movie. their words and voices will be enough for me.

Ryanwiz

Postby Ryanwiz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:40 am

Shipley wrote:its a little deeper than that quote makes it sound.

His wife died a few years ago, leaving him a single father. He made enough money off HISTK to afford to retire and be a father full time. He appears occaisionally with Dave Thomas as a favor to a friend and revamping one of his old characters. He hated working on GB2, so you can bet he wasn't excited to get the GB3 call either.

He's also busy bein a rockstar:
http://www.amazon.com/Agoraphobic-Cowbo ... B000E115CC

Return to “Technology & Video Games”