Dvd with memory

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Dvd with memory

Postby meowzamusic » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:52 pm

Our old dvd player died recently. It was a free one we got about 4 years ago and had worked just great in a no frills sort of way. I went out and got a $50 player that seemingly has no bells or whistles itself. We watched half of a three hour movie on Thursday night and decided to finish it on Friday. On Friday I took the movie out and played some CDs on the machine as our player does double duty in our living room system. When we wanted to watch the rest of the movie, I ejected the last cd I had played and put the movie back in, expecting to have to access the menu and figure out which scene we were at to start up again. But the machine paused after it took the disc in and then suddenly STARTED UP AT PRECISELY THE POINT WE STOPPED AT! I was stunned (and pleased) but mostly surprised that not only did it know where we stopped but also knew where we stopped after the disc had been removed and other things were played. Is this a common feature on disc players now? They all got schmart on me in the last few years?

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 pm

This has been common for something like 6 or 7 years, probably longer.

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:44 pm

So, does it remember every disc you put in ever? Or just the most recent ones?

Return to “Technology & Video Games”