How bad is Charter telephone?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Forum Addict

How bad is Charter telephone?

Postby dudemeister » Tue May 13, 2008 10:41 am

Shortly we will need new cable, internet and phone. I'm thinking that Charter has a pretty good deal these days.

What I'm wondering is how bad the Charter telephone is. I'm thinking if it goes out, they'll be there in a week to fix it.

Is there some kind of regulation that requires phone service to be fixed faster?

I know my Charter internet has been flaky in the past and gone down for whole days at a time; is the telephone on the same system so it goes out for 24 hours also?

Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 am

i've had charter telephone for a couple of years with no problems yet.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue May 13, 2008 11:44 am

It's somewhere between a normal land line and a cell phone in quality. Closer to a normal land line usually, but occasionally dipping down in audio quality noticeably. I've never had an outage for a week. When it does go down, the whole cable line is dead and there's no need for a tech to come out to fix just the phone. It happens a few times a year, usually for no more than an hour or two.

The voicemail system is a little quirky, though. I think they upgraded it in the last year and it's been better, but I used to have inconsistent dial tone indicators - sometimes it wouldn't indicate I had VM when I did, and sometimes vice versa. But like I said, it's been better lately.

It's nice having unlimited long distance.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”