XM/Sirius merger: will it happen, and will you buy it?

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

XM and Sirius merge at some point soon. Will you

subscribe for the first time?
33%
resubscribe after quitting one or the other?
67%
do nothing--the merger won't ever happen.
No votes

Total votes: 3

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

XM/Sirius merger: will it happen, and will you buy it?

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 am

The road to a unified satellite radio provider got a lot clearer with the Justice Department's approval of the XM/Sirius merger on Monday. Ol' Herbie just couldn't put a strong enough whammy on the deal.

Let's say the merger happens. If you're already a subcriber to one or the other, will you stay? If you're not a subscriber, will you join?

Will it even happen?

What channels are you most eager to have on your current line-up?

depinmad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby depinmad » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:27 am

i already have sirius. i won't do anything, unless they offer howard stern a la carte, in which case i will reduce my subscription to only have that.
the only thing on xm that is of interest to me is the bob dylan show, which i don't know is still on or not.

mcs_madison
Forum Addict

Postby mcs_madison » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am

Already have XM radio and love it. I'll keep it as long as they keep my favorite XM stations intact...Namely BPM and the uncensored comedy. I hate both versions of those channels on Sirius.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:20 am

I had Sirius, switched to XM primarily to follow Air America (a silly move, in retrospect), and was generally disappointed in XM's service. I liked pretty much every Sirius counterpart more, especially Alt Nation v. Ethel and definitely Sirius Blues v. Bluesville. And I missed the NFL coverage.

Also, I think Sirius has repeaters in Madison, whereas XM cuts out downtown quite a bit.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”