X-Box back from Repair...Blech

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Re: X-Box back from Repair...Blech

Postby Shipley » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:37 am

I think you're taking this in a direction I wasn't intending and making assumptions I don't agree with.

All I was saying is Microsoft extended the warranty on their shitty system to 3 years. I'm not going to pay for a fix when I can get a fix for free. Say what you will about them and their policy Free is still less than $35.

I don't care what you do with your box. I told you I think the pirating of games is wrong, and you can't argue that it isn't illegal. But what you do with your actual xbox is your business.

Try not to jump up my ass about this in the future. I honestly do not give a fuck and we already had words about this once. I told you this back then, and I stand by it now.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:37 am

Will I lose all my achievement points?

Since the Xbox 360 Pro now comes with a 60GB hard drive, do you think Microsoft will send me a refurb with a 60GB rather than the 20GB that I have?

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:19 pm

you don't send your hard drive in. you don't lose your account or points.

if you decide to upgrade your hard drive (i've now got less than 700mb left) theres a cable that comes with the packages hard drive that you can pull data from one drive to the other.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:02 pm

Shipley wrote:you don't send your hard drive in. you don't lose your account or points.

if you decide to upgrade your hard drive (i've now got less than 700mb left) theres a cable that comes with the packages hard drive that you can pull data from one drive to the other.

Oh yeah, duh. I didn't know if the older 20gb units came furnished with detatchable hard-drives, because I never had to remove it for anything.
I didn't know about the cable to transfer data between hard-drives, that's good to hear.

But why couldn't the original poster load up saved games from his old hard drive on a new unit? So I keep my account and achievement points, but I won't be able to load up old saved games?

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:01 am

i don't know why the game saves on the hard drive didn't work afterwards. sounds like an unrelated by equally annoying problem.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 pm

Would I have had to register my Xbox with Microsoft? It's not showing up when I log into the support/repair site with my Windows Live Login. I don't know why, I just assumed that when you went through the setup process with Xbox Live that it would've taken care of registration of the console for you.
Am I SOL?

Kenneth Burns
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kenneth Burns » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:46 pm

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:37 pm

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plug ... rs/1305435

Aww how nice of Micro$hit to cover their horribly problematic product. Now can I get a refund on Vista?

MadMind75
Forum Addict

Postby MadMind75 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 am

Was wondering if anyone has got the RROD on their Xbox since the new Xbox model with the built-in 250gb hd has come out?

I was just thinking how cool it'd be if you had to send in your old Xbox with the smaller detachable hard drive, and they sent you back one with the 250gb hd.
If they would (which I'm sure they don't), I'd be praying that my Xbox would take a crap on me! I need more memory!

If I were to buy a 250gb hd, then add that to the price I paid for my 360 with a 20gb hd, it'd equal $425. How is that fair that now an Xbox 360 with the 250gb hd is $300? And to upgrade the old model, which is also probaby more likely to RROD, it'd cost an extra $125?

c02
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:49 pm

I can't comment on xbox360 repairs as the two instances of ROD we had, we were given new machines. In one case we didn't even have to return the previous box. That was through the vendor, and not MS. We have had zero issues for about 2 years since that time.

With the latest updates, there is no need to purchase a cable to transfer data. Profiles and game data can be saved to a flash drive and ported to another system, easily.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”