Why do the call it the Xbox 360

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8523
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Okay, so you appear to understand that turning 360 degrees in front of something will not result in that thing being behind you. So why turn around at all? And why walk away backwards?

WHY STRETCH SO FAR FOR SUCH A LAMEASS JOKE?

lordofthecockrings
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Postby lordofthecockrings » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:41 pm

I'm pulling a 540 and getting the fuck out of here before our resident geek dumbass pipes up again.

spanky
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 969
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:57 am

Postby spanky » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:42 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:Okay, so you appear to understand that turning 360 degrees in front of something will not result in that thing being behind you. So why turn around at all? And why walk away backwards?

WHY STRETCH SO FAR FOR SUCH A LAMEASS JOKE?


Well, I did see MJ moon walk forward once.... but it just didn't look as cool.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8523
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:50 pm

spanky wrote:Well, I did see MJ moon walk forward once.... but it just didn't look as cool.

You may be onto something here! Jacko kicks his foot out, spins 360 on a toe, and moonwalks backwards!

That's it!

Q: Why did they call it the Xbox 360?

A: Michael Jackson!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anon
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Postby anon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
spanky wrote:Well, I did see MJ moon walk forward once.... but it just didn't look as cool.

You may be onto something here! Jacko kicks his foot out, spins 360 on a toe, and moonwalks backwards!

That's it!

Q: Why did they call it the Xbox 360?

A: Michael Jackson!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


I think BookPolice is a pretty cool guy, eh tells funny jokes and doesnt afriad of anything

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8523
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:25 pm

anon wrote:I think BookPolice is a pretty cool guy, eh tells funny jokes and doesnt afriad of anything

Good points, and well-made at that!

I thought it was especially cutting when you, who goes by the name of "anon," put my foroniker in digital finger-quotes.

anon
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Postby anon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:32 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
I thought it was especially cutting when you, who goes by the name of "anon," put my foroniker in digital finger-quotes.


i think BookPolice is a pretty cool guy, eh uses made up words like "foroniker" and doesnt afraid of anything

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8523
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:54 pm

anon wrote:i think BookPolice is a pretty cool guy, eh uses made up words like "foroniker" and doesnt afraid of anything

Is there a filter translating anon's intended comments into something else? Is anyone else reading this?

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2090
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:13 am
Location: college park, md
Contact:

Postby Shipley » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:00 pm

does you afraid of reading?

lysander
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:43 pm

Postby lysander » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:21 pm

All yuor base are belong to TDPF!

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8523
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:20 pm

lysander wrote:All yuor base are belong to TDPF!

Thank you, lysander, your comment tipped me toward trying to understand anon in net-meme terms.

Congratulations, anon. You know a video game nerd meme that I don't know, and have used it to somehow make me....not as......cool....as..........you?

I'm still not getting it.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4783
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:21 pm
Location: Near East Side, Madison
Contact:

Postby TAsunder » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Are you sure there's something to get?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8523
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:09 pm
Location: The mystical Far East
Contact:

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:27 pm

TAsunder wrote:Are you sure there's something to get?

Y'know, maybe not.

I think it's time for my 1980° departure (I'm on a spinny chair--that's an exit with flourish!).

anon
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Postby anon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 pm

lysander wrote:All yuor base are belong to TDPF!


What you say!

anon
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Postby anon » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:31 pm

TheBookPolice wrote:
lysander wrote:All yuor base are belong to TDPF!

.

Congratulations, anon. You know a video game nerd meme that I don't know, and have used it to somehow make me....not as......cool....as..........you?



My God. I've said nothing but gibberish this whole thread, yet you've found a way to argue with me. This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, I mean I could just make a thread called "saldjfhaljshfdljHL@HL@JHlasfasf" and you would take it as an insult against yourself and try and to convince me that it doesn't make sense.

The punch line of the joke isn't "because you when you see it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away", that would be retarded. The punch line is the inevitable backlash I receive by people that are so aggressively eager to correct me.


Return to “Technology & Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest