CHARTER CABLE SUCKS!!

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Red Strat Society

CHARTER CABLE SUCKS!!

Postby Red Strat Society » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:02 pm

-Local HD channels drop out in temps below 30 degrees.

-"Charter customer service" is an oxymoron, and is staffed by oxycontin-addled morons.

-Rates go up, quality of service goes down.

NO MORE! TDS is rolling out high-speed wireless internet to areas where DSL isn't available (like mine).

Charter Communications will lose yet another customer in early 2008!

CHARTER SUCKS!!

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Re: CHARTER CABLE SUCKS!!

Postby Shipley » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:57 pm

Red Strat Society wrote:-Local HD channels drop out in temps below 30 degrees.

seriously?

I mean I know Charter Sucks, but I generally just hate the rates and customer service, never had any problem with my HD or channel selection.

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:04 pm

This thread brought to you by TDS. TDS. Stay Connected.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:29 am

fisticuffs wrote:This thread brought to you by TDS. TDS. Stay Connected.

Indeed.

Red Strat Society

Postby Red Strat Society » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:14 am

Bullshit.

This thread brought to you by a pissed off consumer.

dogmeat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby dogmeat » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Why would a channel drop due to temperature? That doesn't make much sense. Did they tell you that was the reason, or is that just something you've concluded?

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:06 pm

If he has old cable maybe, and it is cracked or ripped in some fashion, and moisture is able to penetrate the cable, and then the temperature comes along and freezes that moisture, it could impact the quality of signal he received in cold weather.

It would only take one bad fitting to leak and let in water.

If he's on the edge from a signal standpoint (strength, noise, or other), something like this could have an impact. If it warms up a bit before the cable guy gets there, it may not be possible for him to troubleshoot it.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 pm

I've had an HD set for about 3 years now and with the exception of total service interruption, I've never seen an HD channel drop from cold weather.

Does cold weather affect thge speed in which your bill is paid? because thats happened to me. :wink:

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Red Strat Society wrote:
Bullshit.

This thread brought to you by a pissed off consumer.

But the problem is you only have a few posts so it gives some people the impression your sole reason for entering the forum is to promote TDS. I have been with TDS for many years and never had any major problems, but know plenty of others that have. They are best for me, but before you start praising them you should do it after the fact of getting better service than Charter.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:05 pm

My charter doesn't "drop" but it does have pixelation once or twice per hour in HD. It's kind of ridiculous. People have told me that it can be due to interference, but that sounds bogus to me considering I can get an entire hour off my antenna without pixelation.

I wish verizon would come into madison and offer FiOS

Red Strat Society

Postby Red Strat Society » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Beer Moon wrote:If he has old cable maybe, and it is cracked or ripped in some fashion, and moisture is able to penetrate the cable, and then the temperature comes along and freezes that moisture, it could impact the quality of signal he received in cold weather.

It would only take one bad fitting to leak and let in water.

If he's on the edge from a signal standpoint (strength, noise, or other), something like this could have an impact. If it warms up a bit before the cable guy gets there, it may not be possible for him to troubleshoot it.

Definitely a negative on the old cable theory. House is 3 years old and all cable is single-run RG6 with only 1 splitter in the entire system. Charter has been thru the whole system and measures less than -1dB of signal loss from beginning to end. Add the splitter, and that adds up to less than -4 dB of signal loss thru the system (a number confirmed by Charter techs.)

Charter has already acknowledged that this service area is sketchy when I was having problems exactly one year ago. When all the problems disappeared (coincidentally along with the cold weather), I'd assumed that they had made the reparations on the system.

Funny thing though...

Tonight I turn on the monitor and all 4 local HD channels are back - no pixellation or dropouts. Amazing how it also coincides with the first night with temps about 32 degrees that we've had in two weeks....

Hmmmm......????????

Red Strat Society

Postby Red Strat Society » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:09 pm

eriedasch wrote:...but before you start praising them you should do it after the fact of getting better service than Charter.

How 'bout you post the actual text where I specifically PRAISE TDS, Hmmmmm?

Oh that's right, this is an internet forum. Facts are largely irrelevant.

Silly me.

:roll:

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:32 pm

Red Strat Society wrote:
eriedasch wrote:...but before you start praising them you should do it after the fact of getting better service than Charter.

How 'bout you post the actual text where I specifically PRAISE TDS, Hmmmmm?

Oh that's right, this is an internet forum. Facts are largely irrelevant.

Silly me.

:roll:

Well good grief, I apologize for trying to help you understand something MR/MS 7 whole posts.

I will assume you know everything and based on your attitude you are just out here to argue. Have a fine fucking day. :roll: :roll:

Red Strat Society

Postby Red Strat Society » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:55 pm

[quote="eriedasch]Have a fine fucking day. [/quote]And you have a fine fucking day too, sh*t-for-brains.

And please accept my wishes for a Merry Fvcking Christmas and a Happy Fvcking New Year.

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Red Strat Society wrote:
eriedasch wrote:Have a fine fucking day.
And you have a fine fucking day too, sh*t-for-brains.

And please accept my wishes for a Merry Fvcking Christmas and a Happy Fvcking New Year.

Aww, look at that. It replaced the U's with V's! I remember back when I did that.

It was when I was an overly sensitive newbie.

Don't worry, RSS. You'll grow out of it. Mostly.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”