Merry Christmas, kid...your present'll be here in a month...

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Merry Christmas, kid...your present'll be here in a month...

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:48 pm

That's right, some kids might be receiving a rain check this year.

Gee.
Thanks, Mom.

So, as children, would any of you have been satisfied with a promise of a present, instead of a toy you could actually play with?

Maxine
Forum Addict

Postby Maxine » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:17 pm

If the kid really wants a Wii and the parent really wants to give the kid the Wii but can't find one anywhere it's not a bad idea.

If the parent is worried the kid will be really bummed that their kid has to wait, then they can include this picture in the box with the rain check along with a story on how this kid was hoping for a bowl of rice for Christmas, but didn't get that either.

ShaneDog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ShaneDog » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:20 pm

If my parents did that I would be pissed off. Look at how happy I was the year they gave me Nintendo 64.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:19 am

O.K. I raised boys. We had them make a list, of wish 1,2 and 3. If we couldn't get one of their beloved games or systems, they had to wait and be happy with wish 2 or 3 and wait. We went through this stuff over and over again. That system worked great for us.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:59 am

Also, having kid earn some of the games, components, etc. makes them a little less likely to pound the hell out of 'em, when they lose.

proletariat

Postby proletariat » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:34 am

Well, after years of getting crappy Christmas presents, I began taking my kids allowance from November and December and buying me a nice present. While they don't love the new tradition, they think its fun.

Every year I but myself something from them, and on Christmas Eve they get to find out what they got me. This year they got me an Apple TV, they can hardly wait to see what it is.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:50 am

proletariat wrote:This year they got me an Apple TV, they can hardly wait to see what it is.

Does it look like this?

Return to “Technology & Video Games”