CompUSA going out of business

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:17 pm

Dust Mite Rodeo wrote:But this compUSA guy was 10X worse than a new car salesman who wants you to buy Rusty Jones brand rust protection for an extra $250.

I have 1 term for you... E-commerce. Online, you're in charge. You don't have to worry about bothersome sales people online.

Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:47 pm

Not only are you in charge but you can avoid all that "bothersome" human interaction and send those dollars off to some other community where they can be someone else's problem.
What works for PM in is basement doesn't necessarily work for normal people.

Postby Ted » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:16 pm

TAsunder wrote:
Shipley wrote:so when do I get to go in and load up on cheap cables and desktop accessories? shame about the stores and lost jobs, but the liquidation will at least yield a benefit to myself.

Not cables. CrapUSA is a rip off when it comes to cables. As are just about all retail stores. Stick with

That is correct. I think the retailers prey on common ignorance in regard to "cable quality". If you think you need "oxygen-free" "molecularly modulated ionic polarized" cables to get the best quality signal, they'll be happy to take your $75. FWIW, I just bought a 6' set of nice component video cables from F&F for $7.99!

Return to “Technology & Video Games”