Halo 3

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
HMReaper

Postby HMReaper » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:48 pm

Madmind...take your name to heart. you remind me of a 4 year old kid that knows hes wrong but can't stand it so will whine and cry untill everyone gives him what he wants.Look up the best games of all time. in every list you will see halo in the top five. and NOT goldeneye. goldeneye is loved so much because it had a extremly fun multiplayer for its time...not much else. Halo reinvented the console FPS. if it wasent for halo, gaming would not be as popular as it is today. it really help bring gaming into the mainstream. When i have a couple friends at my apartment even my dad stops by because he wants to play a couple halo rounds..the last game he played was space invaders. You cant deny that halo is our generations Star wars. It may not be the best looking or most technelogically advanced game ever..but its damn fun and thats all that matters.

rezin
Forum Addict

Postby rezin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:04 pm

personally, i absolutely loved halo and goldeneye and was really disappointed with halo 2.

i also don't get why people have so much trouble with playing an fps on a console controller. personally i don't really enjoy sitting at a desk when i'm playing a game.

uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby uwstudent » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm

Halo Schmalo. Six months from now it'll be $20 on EBAY. :roll:

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:10 pm

The scores are in!, and they're pretty damned high.

I need a 360.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:58 am

A friend told me that H3 can be played co-op over xbox live. That's almost enough reason to get a 360. Not quite, but close!

uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby uwstudent » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:24 pm

Stopped in a game store today and saw a used copy of it for sale. Must've played it all night and turned it in. I can hear the guy now this game sucks.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:38 am

Beer Moon
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beer Moon » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:29 am

uwstudent wrote:Stopped in a game store today and saw a used copy of it for sale. Must've played it all night and turned it in. I can hear the guy now this game sucks.

They have these things called DVD burners...

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:54 pm

3 new maps for ten bucks drop tomorrow morning, including one thats made entirely of items you can move and change in Forge.

Anyone here still playing? I've got 920 of the gamerscore points now, only ones I'm missing are some online match points and the one for finding all the terminals.

I'm "FakeTrout" on XBL and i play pretty regularly. I accept invites often and dole out invites to all when I'm already playing.

mcs_madison
Forum Addict

Postby mcs_madison » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:51 am

I got H3 for X-mas and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It's just plain fun.

For the record I loved H1, but thought H2 was awful. I'm pleased to see they got things right this time.
I've yet to try out the on-line experience, so we'll see how that goes.

I played and loved Golden Eye, but things get better as the tech advances IMO. Gimme bigger, better , faster anyday. Hell, I loved Zork in it's day too..

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Got promoted to Captain this week. Hadn't been playing ranked matches much and quickly shot from 15 to 20 in Lone Wolves.

still missing 3 achievements for 15 points: 2 Spartan Laser kills in one shot, board a vehicle twice in 10 seconds, and destroy a vehicle with equipment.

The D Man

Postby The D Man » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:15 pm

I hate that you can only get the 2 in 1 achievement on Lone Wolves. I fried two guys with the same Spartan laser shot in a BTB on my second or third day of playing Halo, even have a great screenshot of it.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:26 pm

I hate achievements that are easy to get or ones that just anyone can get with regular play, but 2for1 is a kind of once in a lifetime shot that limiting to only ranked FFA matches makes is nearly impossible to get without playing with the system and getting players to line up and help you. the other day I took a match where 3 of us wanted to get the achievement and the other 3 didn't we verbally said "ok, meet at the laser!" and then I watched as the other guys took advantage and just tossed grenades and shot from a distance as we tried to get our point in.

I'm not sure if I should be mad or not. they ruined a good chance to get a couple points, but then I ruined their game by not playing it as intended.

eh, I need 4 or 5 friends to change to portugese and play so I can get those last 3.

uwstudent
Forum Addict

Postby uwstudent » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:00 am

rezin wrote:personally, i absolutely loved halo and goldeneye and was really disappointed with halo 2.

i also don't get why people have so much trouble with playing an fps on a console controller. personally i don't really enjoy sitting at a desk when i'm playing a game.

Halo 2 stunk. I couldn't just get over the fact that the aliens all spoke English. They go through the whole trouble of creating this alien race, The Covenant, what with their hierarchy and religion and all, but then cop out with the language. What the..

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:19 pm

They don't speak English in their inner circles, its merely presented that way in cut scenes to progress the story.

The covenant are a multitude of alien races, united under the foundation of the long lost Forunner technology that would be their salvation: the Halo would allow them to take the great journey to another life.

They'd been watching humanity for sometime, and the first shot fired in the war (detailed in the Halo novel, "The Fall Of Reach") was accompanied with a warning in clear english. The covenant had been studying the humans and learned to verbally communicate with them.

As for the religion, didn't you think in the first scene of Halo 2 the covenant showing up on earth was a little coincidental? That they weren't prepared to deal with huamnity being present? And then in Halo 3's second act when they dig up a Forunner structure beneath New Mombassa?

Halo 3 Spoilers:

I'll spell it out: Forunner = Human. The alien's speak the language of their god's, who coincidentally they misinterpeted as their enemy. The Prophet couldn't light the ring himself in Halo 3, he needed a Forunner, which is why he took Johnson hostage.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”