Hey, JohnnyBlood! Question on unlocked phones for ya

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Hey, JohnnyBlood! Question on unlocked phones for ya

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:44 am

So the SO's got eyes for one of Nokia Europe's L'Amour phones.

Image(this one)

But we've heard conflicting stories about what exactly can be done with unlocked phones. Some have told us that you can't access proprietary networks (say, for example, AT&T's MEdiaMall), but everything else is cool. Others have told us that even basic Internet access and text messaging are no-gos, and that only basic calling is accessible.

What can you do with an unlocked phone? And I would assume, since this phone is a GSM phone, that it would only work with AT&T or T-Mobile in the US, right?
Last edited by TheBookPolice on Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:06 am

(figured I better change the title a bit so people don't think this is a spambot taking over my account)

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:53 am

That's about as practical as a credit card "skin", but I'm sorry I didn't get in on that scam. People love shit. Especially new shit. Different shit. Just not old, same old shit. It's gotta be new, different, pricy shit. Yeah, that's the ticket.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:21 pm

Okey dokey. I'm going to change the title, AGAIN, to get the attention of the Foron I'm really hoping will chime in. Bwis, I have no idea what you just posted. Sorry!

Return to “Technology & Video Games”