Amazon Wish Lists

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
MadMind
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2251
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:28 pm

Amazon Wish Lists

Postby MadMind » Sun May 06, 2007 3:23 am

Amazon.com wish lists...you got one?
I just started one up this week and who knows how many hundreds of items I've racked up.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2251
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:28 pm

Postby MadMind » Mon May 07, 2007 1:48 am

Can you somehow configure your Amazon wish list(s) to where people can buy things for you without them being able to see your name and shipping address?
Y'know, for all my crazed fans out there.

Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2003 10:30 am
Contact:

Postby Thusnelda » Mon May 07, 2007 8:24 am

Yes to the latter, but I think you have to have a semi-recognizable name viewable (e.g. could you get something shipped to your place of residence with your forum alias on it? Not likely).

Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1357
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:33 am
Location: Near East Sider

Postby Violet_Skye » Mon May 07, 2007 2:39 pm

Does anyone else have the problem of searching for an item to add it to your wish list, but the wish list button does not always appear, so then you can't? This happens to me a lot.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2251
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:28 pm

Postby MadMind » Tue May 08, 2007 6:31 pm

Thusnelda wrote:Yes to the latter, but I think you have to have a semi-recognizable name viewable (e.g. could you get something shipped to your place of residence with your forum alias on it? Not likely).

? I don't mind Amazon having my name and address, I've ordered from them before. I wanna know if it's possible to block that from people who might wanna buy for you. I've seen wish lists where all they have displayed is some made-up name (like a forum name) and city & state of residence (without the address).

MadMind75
Forum Addict
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Amazon Wish Lists

Postby MadMind75 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Anyone know if there's a way to export a simplified printable list of your Amazon wish list? I've spent a lot of time compiling my wish lists with a cumulative 1000+ items, and one thing I hate about Amazon is when the seller removes a listing there's no way to find out what that item was. Does that automatically happen if the item is no longer sold new, and there are no longer any sellers listed for the item used? Or will the placeholder remain until the seller removes it?

TimeMasterFlex
Senior Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm
Location: Madison
Contact:

Re:

Postby TimeMasterFlex » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:25 pm

MadMind wrote:Can you somehow configure your Amazon wish list(s) to where people can buy things for you without them being able to see your name and shipping address?
Y'know, for all my crazed fans out there.


If your this paranoid you might want to consider carrying a gun 24/7/365.

scratch
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Dane County
Contact:

Re: Re:

Postby scratch » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 pm

TimeMasterFlex wrote:[If your this paranoid you might want to consider carrying a gun 24/7/365.


If _you're_ this well-versed in the English language, you might want to hire a proofreader, you political savant & big city megadude, you.

MadMind75
Forum Addict
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Amazon Wish Lists

Postby MadMind75 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 pm

MadMind75 wrote:one thing I hate about Amazon is when the seller removes a listing there's no way to find out what that item was. Does that automatically happen if the item is no longer sold new, and there are no longer any sellers listed for the item used?

I'm going to answer my own question. Found an item on my list with no sellers, so they don't just disappear on their own.
Perhaps if there's no sellers for a certain amount of time the listing is automatically removed?


Return to “Technology & Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest