Burgertime

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Lascow
Forum Addict

Burgertime

Postby Lascow » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:18 am

Has anyone seen this on any of the retro games for PS2?

I found NARC and was excited... But things will be complete in my life when I can run over burger patties and throw salt on pickles.

I'm also freaking for Q-Bert. Have it on the computer.. It's just not the same.(or I just can't figure out the key configuration to move the guy right)

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Surprisingly, no. Burgertime doesn't seem to be on any retro collections or even plug-and-plays.
But if you have a mobile phone, your wish has come true.

As for Q-Bert, same deal. You can find Q-Bert http://www.sonypictures.com/mobile/q*be ... index.html (copy & paste link) on your mobile phone.
Otherwise, if you have a PS3 you can download Q-Bert (albeit a slightly enhanced/altered version) for $4.99.
Other than that, back in 1999 they released a (poorly reviewed) 3-D polygonal Q-bert on the Playstation, and the same game the following year for the Dreamcast.
Last edited by MadMind on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lascow
Forum Addict

Postby Lascow » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:50 am

Thanks for the info!

Sadly, it has made my day.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:01 pm

Correction: The 1999/2000 3-D polygonal Playstation/Dreamcast release of Q*Bert does contain every level from the original game.

To quote Gamespot, the review of the Playstation version states "Every level in the original game is contained on the disc and is playable with classic or updated graphics, though the between-level music is different than the original."
The review of the Dreamcast version states "Every level in the original game is contained on the disc and is playable, albeit with updated graphics."

Integral

Postby Integral » Wed May 02, 2007 11:37 am

I remember that there was a Namco Museum back in the day that had Bubble Bobble on it, but I've been unable to find it anyplace, and rumor has it that it's been discontinued. Sux.

As for Burgertime, you could always emulate it on your computer machine (MAME, NESticle, etc). As I recall, the ROM version seems to be identical to the original game.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Wed May 02, 2007 5:16 pm

Integral wrote:I remember that there was a Namco Museum back in the day that had Bubble Bobble on it, but I've been unable to find it anyplace, and rumor has it that it's been discontinued. Sux.

Bubble Bobble was made by Taito, not Namco, so you won't find it on any of the Namco Museums.
You will however find it on Taito Legends which was released both on the Playstation 2 and the Xbox. You won't find it in stores any longer but you can either scour places like Pre-Played and Video Game X-Change, or order the PS2 version for the low price of $9.99 from Wal-Mart Online.

Bubble Bobble was also brought to mobile phones via Mforma, yet I can't find it displayed anywhere on their website.

Then there's the poorly rated Bubble Bobble Revolution for the Nintendo DS (original Bubble Bubble included) and Bubble Bobble Evolution for the PSP.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Wed May 02, 2007 5:50 pm

MadMind wrote:Surprisingly, no. Burgertime doesn't seem to be on any retro collections...

I'm sorry to have misled you Lascow, Burgertime was infact included in a decade old retro collection Arcade's Greatest Hits: Midway Collection 2 for the PSOne, which you can still purchase (used) on Amazon.

Integral

Postby Integral » Wed May 02, 2007 6:29 pm

Oh yeah, it was Taito Legends! Awesome, thank you.

garosenb

Java based NES Emulator

Postby garosenb » Sun May 06, 2007 10:43 pm

http://vnes.baikrich.com/

They've got Burger Time and a ton of others. This will get you in trouble at work.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”