DVD Player Question

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

DVD Player Question

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:42 pm

I got a Sony DVD player ten years ago and only used a few times. It's in the box. My old style TV is starting to go on the fritz. If I buy a smart TV, will the Sony DVD be able to hook up? Or will I have to put the DVD in my mac and transmit to smart TV?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: DVD Player Question

Postby Cadfael » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Best guess is there's a good chance you'll be able to make it work, and pretty much a certainty that it will require a few hours of googling for the configuration and at least one hard-to-find adapter that you'll have to get online through a distributor who's first language is not English.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Your new TV will need to have a component video input. This is a cluster of RCA type coaxial jacks. Red green blue are video. Red and white are stereo audio.

chainsawcurtis
Forum Addict

Postby chainsawcurtis » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:13 am

Just for the heck of it I went to the best buy site and looked at a sharp tv that had three hdmis, rca line (red/white/yellow) inputs and a coax antenna input. Something like that would do ya.

msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby msnflyer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:42 pm

I have a Blu Ray player attached to my smart TV, it works fine.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Caveat emptor! Some of the cheaper-made TV's don't have all the inputs that one may expect to come with 'em. I had to pay close attention to make sure my television had an audio jack that worked for my set-up. It's easy enough to find out, as long as you are looking for it.

Return to “Technology & Video Games”