Scents

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Scents

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:16 pm

I was gonna put smells for the caption to draw more attention...

I adore the scent of good pine scented candles. It reminds me of my folk's favorite northern resort. It has occurred to me that there may be a better and cheaper way to get that scent for my evening meditations.
Ideas welcome!

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Scents

Postby Roy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:58 pm

You could try a pine incense, or pine oil, but I haven't use that scent, so don't know if it would smell authentic. Burning other scents seem different than the same candle scents. Depends on how picky you are.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:27 am

I've ordered some essential oil and plan to visit Karner Candle. They carry Candle Cocoon supplies, which is the best I've sniffed, and I've tried many, so I'm picky.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:58 am

Roy wrote:You could try a pine incense, or pine oil, but I haven't use that scent, so don't know if it would smell authentic. Burning other scents seem different than the same candle scents. Depends on how picky you are.

There ya go again, pretending like you know something about common scents...

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 am

jonnygothispen wrote:
Roy wrote:You could try a pine incense, or pine oil, but I haven't use that scent, so don't know if it would smell authentic. Burning other scents seem different than the same candle scents. Depends on how picky you are.

There ya go again, pretending like you know something about common scents...

There ya go again, crossing the line between foron and troll.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 am

Suddenly it smells like Essence of butthurt neocon...

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:50 am

WTF, jonny. Not sure how many share my view, but IMO: when a foron, ANY foron, makes a sincere post in a neutral thread, it's shitty form to poke at it.

Bwis, it might be worth a trip to Soap Opera. Some of their essential oils are right on the money — though I don't know whether that'd be cheaper than any other good diffuser or candle.

Speaking of, the Thymes Fraiser Fir scent is outstanding. My husband keeps a Frasier Fir diffuser in our 2nd bedroom/studio year round, and I buy a bottle of the hand wash for the holidays and keep it out till it's gone, months later.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:25 pm

^^I agree. I try to leave beefs from other threads behind when people are chatting amiably in a neutral thread. It's kind of a nice change and you get a chance to see a different side of a person.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Sounds like a really good rule...

I'll abide. But it's not really about rules, not even the ones in writing, because if it was, a troll of Roy's caliber would've been banned a long time ago.

Return to “Catch All”