The pet peeve thread or let's bitch about things

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The pet peeve thread or let's bitch about things

Postby Ninja » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Wino wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:Drivers who turn a corner without paying attention while on their phone!

Those who, when making a turn, veer into the next lane in what appears to be an attempt to enter the turn at a wider radius. For example, dipshit is turning right but drifts into the left lane to perform the manuever. What, are you trying to navigate the Exxon Valdez through the intersection fuckwad?

That annoys the shit out of me. Really the inability to maintain a lane in general is annoying, but the turning thing is ridiculous.

When I first moved here a co-worker explained that it happens because so many people learn to drive with vehicles that lack power steering and tow a wagon, or they take their driving instruction from people who learned to drive on tractors. Makes sense, but it's a habit that should be broken when driving an SUV in a city.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Ever since I left my parents house at the tender age of 18, every person I have lived with--roommate, spouse, temporary guest--has proven unable to close cupboard doors, although they seem to open them just fine. Is this a skill only found in my immediate family?

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Detritus wrote:Ever since I left my parents house at the tender age of 18, every person I have lived with--roommate, spouse, temporary guest--has proven unable to close cupboard doors, although they seem to open them just fine. Is this a skill only found in my immediate family?
Have you considered removing the doors?

Harriet The Spy
Forum Addict

Postby Harriet The Spy » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm

People over age 10 who ride their bikes on the sidewalk.

Jademan7
Forum Addict

Postby Jademan7 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 pm

How about hearing people chew. I understand a little bit is acceptable, but really!! I work in a cubicle and have trouble focusing around 3 pm when the rest of the minions head to the vending machine for their afternoon snack. I can almost tell you which chips they are eating from the open mouthed chewing that is going on. C'mon people, have a little, very little, bit of etiquette and close your mouths when you chew.

UsualSuspect

Postby UsualSuspect » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:46 pm

One of my pet peeves is someone trying to correct me when they are wrong themselves. I'm not talking about opinion here - when they are FACTUALLY incorrect. Like when a kid I was coaching youth soccer to correcting me about the offside rule and then bollixing it up themselves.

UsualSuspect

Postby UsualSuspect » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Or when someone slows down in their car in front of me, and THEN starts turning at the same time they put their blinker on. "Oh, THAT'S what you're doing! Thanks for letting me in on your little secret!"

Return to “Catch All”