No More First Person Shooter Simulation Production In WI

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Re: No More First Person Shooter Simulation Production In WI

Postby Detritus » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:14 pm

bdog wrote:
___ wrote:Has anyone pointed out that people like nofpssinwisconsin are far more dangerous than any violent video game?

Awesome userid!

It underscores the value of anonymity.

nofpssinwisconsin

Postby nofpssinwisconsin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 am

We still do not see justification for FPSS as a product to be made here in Wisconsin. The South rationalizes their relationship with the cigarette industry and> even describes certain geographical areas as "Tobacco Road." Are we going to> rename ourselves, First-Person-Shooter Street? At least cigarettes may have
some socially redeeming qualities such as increasing productivity. And people don't kill children after smoking too much. What value do FPSS's have?

Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 am

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:Are we going to> rename ourselves, First-Person-Shooter Street?
Wisconsin isn't even close to the leader in FPS (or other violent videogame) production.

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:We still do not see justification for FPSS as a product to be made here in Wisconsin.
Please explain what authority you have to make a definitive judgment on such a subject.

nofpssinwisconsin wrote: What value do FPSS's have?

It teaches you how to lead a moving target, aim while mobile, and helps with learning the proper placement of a grenade to maximize damage. And let's face it, as a 40 year old gamer I'm not moving that fast so when I go round the bend, I'm going to need all the edge I can get.

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 am

This is what "no fpss", the anonymous coward, posted on my band's facebook page:

First Person Shooter Simulations are addictive and destructive. Your association is simply overt approval. We are consideringl bringing pictures of the children from Sandyhook to show at your next show.

Evidently because we are associated with one of the game producers we are responsible for the Sandyhook shooting.

Please keep your distance from this psychopath.

nofpssinwisconsin

Postby nofpssinwisconsin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:39 pm

eriedasch wrote:This is what "no fpss", the anonymous coward, posted on my band's facebook page:

First Person Shooter Simulations are addictive and destructive. Your association is simply overt approval. We are consideringl bringing pictures of the children from Sandyhook to show at your next show.

Evidently because we are associated with one of the game producers we are responsible for the Sandyhook shooting.

Please keep your distance from this psychopath.

I am sorry that I posted that to your FB page. We had not been permitted by FB to post, so I was shocked when it did post. I deleted it immediately. But, it is our feelings nonetheless. And you are the one to have brought it up on the forum. I thought it was deleted, but even if was not, you could have and no one would have known.

But since you've decided to publicly open the forum and bring your band into the discussion. If you are not a psychopath or a coward, please take a position on the issue. Or do you just scream names at others and go about pretending to a feel good band?

So, if he is your collaborator, band member, and friend, then what is your position on all of this? Tell us that he is a good man, good friend, and that you support him and his work product? Only cowards scream and then run away. Only psychopaths and cowards don't care about how their friends are being portrayed in the public light.

We are waiting for you to declare your loyalty and support of your friend or at least do something.....anything. We are waiting....Your friend is out there waiting.

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Truthfully you sound a lot more dangerous than anything you are complaining about. Story for you...at the Willy St Fair when my daughter was 11 or 12 she stopped at a Planned Parenthood stand to pick up stickers and attracted the attention of a psycho anti abortion activist- a pervert who was carrying around pictures of aborted fetuses and followed a preadolescence girl around for ten minutes flipping his pictures at her- until she found me and he shied off. Ever since that day she has been a rabid pro abortion activist. You are certainly affecting my perception- and tendency to defend- FSS games.

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:44 pm

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:Only cowards scream and then run away.

Especially the ones that slander people by name in a public forum while hiding behind a pseudonym.

Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:06 pm

nofpssinwisconsin-

Stratfor/HBGary/Team Themis much?
Your aggression here suggests awareness of certain 'meta data' rather than long study.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... l-security
http://blogs.reuters.com/jackshafer/201 ... /wikiyawn/

Why here?

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:23 pm

nofpssinwisconsin wrote:I am sorry that I posted that to your FB page. We had not been permitted by FB to post, so I was shocked when it did post. I deleted it immediately. But, it is our feelings nonetheless. And you are the one to have brought it up on the forum. I thought it was deleted, but even if was not, you could have and no one would have known.

You are clearly brain-damaged and/or mentally ill. Get help. All of you.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:03 pm

All ten of you or all one of you, depending on who's counting.

MH, I can't figure out why you posted the links you did, so would you explain?

Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:37 pm

snoqueen wrote:All ten of you or all one of you, depending on who's counting.

I'm guessing one, male, 25-30 years old, recently fired from one of these companies, or perhaps had a game pitch turned down. Single, both parents still alive, Protestant but probably lapsed. Thinks of himself as a moderate but rarely votes.

Doesn't get out much.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:44 pm

You left out living in his parents' basement.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:You left out living in his parents' basement.

That describes about a third of post-college 20-somethings.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Oddly, I read nofpissy as female. But your back story of a frustrated job applicant makes more sense, and most people in that industry are male.

Something's not right here, that's for sure.

___

Postby ___ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:36 pm

nofpssinwisconsin, Here's an article for you: Video games do not make vulnerable teens more violent

Return to “Catch All”