Albuquerque Pays Woman $3,100 For Ruined Pot Crop

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Albuquerque Pays Woman $3,100 For Ruined Pot Crop

Postby Remember_Me » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Too funny.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Target 7 has learned that the city paid a local woman thousands of dollars for her medical marijuana after police officers ruined her crop.

Medical marijuana user Toni Armijo is smoking mad after police came to her house in August 2010. She was feeling suicidal, so someone called Albuquerque police to check on her.

When police arrived, Armijo wasn't inside the home, but her pot crop was.

"(Officers) went on in, and that's standard operating procedure," city Risk Manager Peter Ennen said. "They noticed several marijuana plants growing under a grow light."

When Armijo returned home, the plants were gone.

"Everything was gone. There was dirt strewn here, all the way across my kitchen," Armijo said. "It was complete destruction."

Documents show that police couldn't immediately verify Armijo's medical marijuana status, so officers unpotted her pot.

A few hours later, Armijo called, verified her license and demanded they return the plants. Authorities brought the plants back in a paper bag, but they were destroyed.

Ennen said that taxpayers shelled out $3,100 to Armijo.

Link

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Albuquerque Pays Woman $3,100 For Ruined Pot Crop

Postby eriedasch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Funny and awesome. Unfortunately if that happened here in WI, someone would be headed to prison costing taxpayers a lot more than $3100.

Return to “Catch All”