Movers - recommendations?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
towanda
Forum Addict

Movers - recommendations?

Postby towanda » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:11 pm

I am going to be in need of two guys to load a moving truck. Any recommendations?

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Movers - recommendations?

Postby lysander » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Mad City Movers, hands down. I've used them multiple times and had excellent experiences every time.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:03 pm

My sister has used Two Men and a Truck numerous times. She's been happy with them.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:35 pm

I was very happy with my experience with Two Men and a Truck, two years ago. I packed myself and they carried out and in. Packing was hard enough. They carried and I arranged. Check to see if they have a coupon in the latest book.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm

If you want to be creeped out about your upcoming move google "moving trucks and bed bugs". Eeek!

Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Petro » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm

lysander wrote:Mad City Movers, hands down. I've used them multiple times and had excellent experiences every time.

I had a great experience with Mad City when I moved back in July. They were on-time, courteous and worked tirelessly from beginning to end.

I'd initially called and requested a quote, which was sent back with a form that I was supposed to complete and return to them so that I'd be given a reservation.

I spaced out and forgot to return the form. It was completely my fault and I had no excuse. Luckily, I happened to call them a few days before my move and they were able to fit me in anyway without giving me any grief for my stupid mistake. Little things like that mean a lot when you're already stressed over an upcoming move.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:48 am

I used MadCity Movers on our recent move after I read positive reviews on an earlier thread. They gave my fine and not-so-fine furniture TLC, were very efficient, were friendly, and came in under the quote. So I pass the recommendation on...

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 am

A friend who is a retired Dane County deputy refers to Two Men and a Truck as Two Hubers and a Truck. Just sayin'.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

Two Men and a Truck aren't good. They have gone over quote and mangled furniture for me. Mad City movers are uniformly excellent so far - have used them twice myself and have had good feedback from two others to whom I recommended them. They even repaired already-broken furniture once.

The Center Square
Forum Addict
Location: Above Phyllis Diller & next to Waylan Flowers & Madame

Postby The Center Square » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 am

Mad City Movers is a great place.

I can't suggest them enough for folks.

towanda
Forum Addict

Postby towanda » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Looks like Mad City Movers it is, then. I'll give them a call. Thanks!

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 pm

I initially chose Mad City this summer, but as they were already booked for the time I needed to go, I went with Two Men and a Truck instead.

Had no problems. The two guys were courteous, professional, and excellent at wrapping up some delicate and large furniture. No problems, and came in at cost.

Be sure to offer refreshments during the move and tip at the end if they did well.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:17 pm

My Two Men and a Truck experience was good. It was a hot day and I got the guys drinks and tipped them well. My cell phone had slipped out of my shirt pocket, into a box. One of the guys called my number and we found it quickly. I had no untoward experience.

Return to “Catch All”