Support Intact America! Wear a turtleneck sweater.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Support Intact America! Wear a turtleneck sweater.

Postby universitylad » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Join Alan Cumming in supporting Intact America!

http://www.intactamerica.org/alancumming

Post a similar photo of yourself on Facebook or your blog wearing a turtleneck or turtle neck sweater to support Intact America and say no to routine male infant circumcision!

Dairylander
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Support Intact America! Wear a turtleneck sweater.

Postby Dairylander » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 am

"The most striking studies suggest that men can lower their risk of H.I.V. infection by roughly two-thirds, simply by undergoing circumcision."
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/world ... frica.html
My boys are getting the knife.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:53 am

Hey kelly, your spam link reads like it was written by an uncircumcised 1st grader.

A snipped one is just better looking than an un-snipped one and you want your boys looking their best, donchya?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 am

universitylad wrote:Alan Cumming

:lol:

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:51 am

kellyedwards wrote:
narcoleptish wrote:Hey kelly, your spam link reads like it was written by an uncircumcised 1st grader.

A snipped one is just better looking than an un-snipped one and you want your boys looking their best, donchya?

yeah right... I bet you're uncircumsized and you're not getting laid.. haha.. poor you,.. Why don't you stick your thing on thick snow, much better that way.

Kelly Edwards
Parts Bikes
http://thesebikessuck.com/

You forgot your link on that last one so I fixed it for ya.

Exploding Pinto
Forum Addict

Postby Exploding Pinto » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Do middle school and elementary school teachers still wear a lot of turtlenecks? White turtleneck, a patriotic or educational sweatshirt/sweater, a short ‘do, maybe a pair of U.S. flag earrings? Is that still the look?

evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby evansvillehousewife » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Dairylander, if this is how you make informed health decisions, you better have their teeth pulled, you know, so they don't get cavities.

I didn't choose to slice my newborn's dick up- I plan on educating him.

Dairylander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dairylander » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Let's make a list, shall we?

PROs:
Easier hygiene.
Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. (10 times less likely)
Prevention of penile problems. (phimosis, inflammation)
Decreased risk of penile cancer.
Decreased risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
Decreased chance your girlfriend will say "What is that!?" (happened to a friend of mine)

CONs:
Pain during procedure. (local anesthesia is available)

evansvillehousewife wrote:you better have their teeth pulled, you know, so they don't get cavities.

Your analogy is off.
It's more like having their wisdom teeth removed.
(which I will also do)

universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:13 am

Another big CON, in my opinion, to add to your list is that he may end up feeling he'd rather not have been circumcised. While you do list some medical benefits, it is largely a cosmetic procedure and will physically change every person who has it done. If you leave it alone, he can make the decision later. While he can be circumcised later, he can't get it back later if it's taken from him. Circumcision has drastically decreased in other English speaking countries where it was once popular (Australia, Canada,UK) and I anticipate the same will eventually happen here. You worry about a future girlfriend asking, "What is that?"; she might well be asking, "What happened to yours?" And should that even be a concern?

While you do list some medical benefits, they would still be available to him if he decided it was worthwhile to him. The decreased risk of UTI's is only in the first year of life, and the risk is low to begin with. He will not be sexually active for years and depending on his risk factors, circumcision may or may not even be a benefit to him.

Most guys who are uncircumcised are fine with that, but if not, they can get circumcised later. Those who are circumcised cannot go back.

Dairylander wrote:Let's make a list, shall we?

PROs:
Easier hygiene.
Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. (10 times less likely)
Prevention of penile problems. (phimosis, inflammation)
Decreased risk of penile cancer.
Decreased risk of sexually transmitted diseases.
Decreased chance your girlfriend will say "What is that!?" (happened to a friend of mine)

CONs:
Pain during procedure. (local anesthesia is available)

evansvillehousewife wrote:you better have their teeth pulled, you know, so they don't get cavities.

Your analogy is off.
It's more like having their wisdom teeth removed.
(which I will also do)

friendofafriend

Postby friendofafriend » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

universitylad wrote: Those who are circumcised cannot go back.

Oh, I bet one could find a cosmetic surgeon willing to try.

Dairylander
Forum God/Goddess

Hey Ladies!

Postby Dairylander » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Another PRO:
"July 21, 2009 (Cape Town, South Africa) -- Women whose male sexual partners were circumcised report an improvement in their sex life, a survey shows.
Researchers studied 455 partners of men in Uganda who were recently circumcised. Nearly 40% said sex was more satisfying afterward. About 57% reported no change in sexual satisfaction, and only 3% said sex was less satisfying after their partner was circumcised."
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... key=104015

universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 pm

friendofafriend wrote:
universitylad wrote: Those who are circumcised cannot go back.

Oh, I bet one could find a cosmetic surgeon willing to try.

Well, certainly not easily.

universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Hey Ladies!

Postby universitylad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm

When making a decision for a child, one should consider the benefits to the child himself. This is a decision he could make in consultation with his future partners.

Dairylander wrote:Another PRO:
"July 21, 2009 (Cape Town, South Africa) -- Women whose male sexual partners were circumcised report an improvement in their sex life, a survey shows.
Researchers studied 455 partners of men in Uganda who were recently circumcised. Nearly 40% said sex was more satisfying afterward. About 57% reported no change in sexual satisfaction, and only 3% said sex was less satisfying after their partner was circumcised."
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... key=104015

Dairylander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dairylander » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:20 pm

"And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant between Me and you."
Genesis 17:11

universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

Postby universitylad » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Dairylander wrote:"And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant between Me and you."
Genesis 17:11

I'm not really religious and I'm not one for doing something only because it's in the bible, but while this covenant may apply to observant Jews, Christians are not bound by old testament rules. In fact, most Christians were were not circumcised and still are not worldwide (Europe, South America). Circumcision is one of the old testament requirements that ended the moment that Jesus Christ died for our sins; it has never been a requirement for Christians.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/396937/circumcision_in_the_bible_what_christian.html?cat=25

While most Jews still do practice circumcision, a growing number have decided to have a naming ritual rather than the traditional bris. I suppose if the boy wanted a complete circumcision at some point later, he could choose it for himself. I don't know how common this is in Madison.

http://jewishcircumcision.org/ritual.htm

Circumcision historically only removed the portion of the foreskin extending beyond the glans, not the entire foreskin. While Michelangelo's David (who was Jewish) may appear uncircumcised, it probably is historically accurate and represents what circumcision was in David's time.

Return to “Catch All”