Bumper stickers I'm sick and tired of seeing

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
surroundedbyreality

Re: Bumper stickers I'm sick and tired of seeing

Postby surroundedbyreality » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Kyle Motor wrote:
Marvell wrote:I think my all time fave bumpersticker I ever saw was the one that read:

"I'm Not Fonda Hanoi Jane - Commie Traitor Bitch"

Somebody needs to just let the frickin' 60's go, already.

I saw that one within the last couple of months. I got a good chuckle with it being so out of date.

Speaking of out of date and annoying bumper stickers: those of you who insist on leaving stickers for John Kerry, Howard Dean, Hilary Clinton or any other past presidential hopefuls on your car look like idiots.

I saw one within the last year that I found pretty funny:
"Still pissed at Yoko"

towanda
Forum Addict

Postby towanda » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Marvell wrote:I think my all time fave bumpersticker I ever saw was the one that read:

"I'm Not Fonda Hanoi Jane - Commie Traitor Bitch"

Somebody needs to just let the frickin' 60's go, already.

I saw a seriously rusty yellow original VW Beetle with a bumper sticker that said, "Impeach Nixon." I almost laughed myself into a ditch.

Peacetrain
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Peacetrain » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:27 pm

i used to get a lot of comments on my old ranger because in the back window i had a bush/cheney 2000 sticker right below my grateful dead dancing bears one. Apparently people didnt think they fit together.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:41 pm

beenie wrote:My kid beat up your Honors Student. Because that's something of which to be proud.

As insufferable as lots of us find the "my kid's an honor student" stickers, this was a joke that got old quickly.

I'm also really tired of Emerson Elementary's answer to the "my kid's an honor student" stickers; theirs say "Every child an honored student." (My emphasis.)

To me, that's Garrison Keillor's "all the children are above average", absent the wit and irony.

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:12 am

Peacetrain wrote:i used to get a lot of comments on my old ranger because in the back window i had a bush/cheney 2000 sticker right below my grateful dead dancing bears one. Apparently people didnt think they fit together.

And you find this odd?

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:22 pm

DISREGARD ALL PREVIOUS BUMPER STICKERS

c_hart

Postby c_hart » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 pm

"Friend of Fran" bumper stickers.
I spotted this sticker at Copps on Shopko Dr. Is this mysterious Fran still around? And I want a friend named Fran.
Seriously though is there a story behind it?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am

Welcome to the Forum, c_hart. Check out pages two and three of this thread.

green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

c_hart wrote:"Friend of Fran" bumper stickers.
I spotted this sticker at Copps on Shopko Dr. Is this mysterious Fran still around? And I want a friend named Fran.
Seriously though is there a story behind it?

How do you go to the trouble of registering a new account, digging up a four-year-old thread and then failing to READ that thread where you would find the answer to your question?

Welcome to the Thunderdome.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm

I had some friends that are Friends of Fran, so Fran sent me a couple stickers that I patched together to read "Friend of a friend of Fran"

I'm not in touch with those pals anymore, or I'd ask 'em if she was still around.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 am

i have wondered why the co-exist sticker didn't somewhow incorporate a pentagram, and/or raëlien, process church of the final judgement, zoroastrian, sabian, druze, crosses of eastern christian churches or the cathars or other symbols.

on the other hand, i was tickled pink to see a car about 7 months ago that had both a "free nelson mandela" sticker and one for swapo which had the three colours of the flag and the logotype of the organisation, which includes a black outline of africa with namibia in white and a torch extending from it and swapo in red letters up top. there was another severely faded sticker on the metal part of the car which very well may have been for zanu-pf. i wonder if this was the person or people who carved the pro-dos santos/mpla message in the bathroom stall at burger king years ago.

Return to “Catch All”