Bumper stickers I'm sick and tired of seeing

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bumper stickers I'm sick and tired of seeing

Postby Bunny Chow » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:What makes you think an abortion is the same thing as killing a baby?

Have you ever had an abortion or given birth, Hank?

The point is, no one likes to have an abortion. It's a nightmare. Stating that men would have them and consider it a religious right or blessing is just plain fucked up. Sticking the statement on the back of your car so my kids can see it is typical liberal scum.

I saw this bumper sticker on a rusty old Isuzu Trooper in the Woodman's East parking lot. Ironically, it also had a coexist sticker on it too. :roll:

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:58 pm

Bigote wrote:Always baffled by those "Friend of Fran" bumperstickers. Who the hell is Fran? Surely not Tarkenton, right?

I don't think I'm violating some inside joke by revealing this, but if I am, I'm sure I'll hear about it soon.

Frannie is a very extroverted local resident who seems to put a smile on the face of everyone she meets (not an exaggeration). One birthday, a friend of hers gave Fran those made-to-order bumper stickers as a present, and she now hands them out to those she knows well enough.

If you're lucky one day, you may spot her car with one of her stickers cut to eliminate the "friend of" portion (among many other stickers). Don't be shy about saying hi.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 am

I've always been sick of the one with a guy pissing on the ford-or-chevy emblem. My pickup is neither so gratefully I feel left out of this little feud.

I'm also sick of that one that says "stay back 500 ft." Listen mister big red truck, don't tell me what to do.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:48 pm

ilikebeans wrote:
Bigote wrote:Always baffled by those "Friend of Fran" bumperstickers. Who the hell is Fran? Surely not Tarkenton, right?

I don't think I'm violating some inside joke by revealing this, but if I am, I'm sure I'll hear about it soon.

Frannie is a very extroverted local resident who seems to put a smile on the face of everyone she meets (not an exaggeration). One birthday, a friend of hers gave Fran those made-to-order bumper stickers as a present, and she now hands them out to those she knows well enough.

If you're lucky one day, you may spot her car with one of her stickers cut to eliminate the "friend of" portion (among many other stickers). Don't be shy about saying hi.

Thank you. I've been wondering about that for years. Fran has quite a few friends.

As for the rest of you, it's pretty messed up to get all bent-out-of-shape over a bumpersticker. If one enrages you to the point that you won't help a person in need simply because their bumpersticker enrages you, you need to seek professional help. Lighten up, Francis.

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:04 pm

nevermore wrote:As for the rest of you, it's pretty messed up to get all bent-out-of-shape over a bumpersticker. If one enrages you to the point that you won't help a person in need simply because their bumpersticker enrages you, you need to seek professional help. Lighten up, Francis.

Hardly rage, nevermore. More of a matter of inconvenience. Thanks to bumper stickers I know who to help out and who to pass by.

A liberal in a prius with an obama sticker stuck in the snow on Langdon is not a person in need. They wanted change....and they're getting it. Good luck next week with the subzero temps!!!! :lol:

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:A liberal in a prius with an obama sticker stuck in the snow on Langdon is not a person in need.

I'd like to suggest you order a custom sticker for yourself:

"I am a petty, mean, vindictive bitch who refuses to help out other human beings with whom I think I might disagree on matters of politics and social policy."

Plaster it on the front of your coat so I know exactly to whom I should never give the time of day, let alone help in a time of need.

nevermore
Forum God/Goddess

Postby nevermore » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Bunny Chow wrote:Hardly rage, nevermore.

Bunny Chow wrote:Sticking the statement on the back of your car so my kids can see it is typical liberal scum.

Bunny Chow wrote:I only saw this one once but it really pissed me off

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:04 pm

nevermore wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:Hardly rage, nevermore.

Bunny Chow wrote:Sticking the statement on the back of your car so my kids can see it is typical liberal scum.

Bunny Chow wrote:I only saw this one once but it really pissed me off

I focus my volunteer efforts on people who really need it.

The Lord helps those who helps themselves. The Prius driver with the Obama sticker has that sucker nailed and doesn't need someone like me to push their louis vitton ass out of the snow.

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:15 pm

ilikebeans wrote:
Bunny Chow wrote:A liberal in a prius with an obama sticker stuck in the snow on Langdon is not a person in need.

I'd like to suggest you order a custom sticker for yourself:

"I am a petty, mean, vindictive bitch who refuses to help out other human beings with whom I think I might disagree on matters of politics and social policy."

Plaster it on the front of your coat so I know exactly to whom I should never give the time of day, let alone help in a time of need.

Yea right, I'll get right on it. Wait of minute...what have you done for me?

towanda
Forum Addict

Postby towanda » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:03 am

Along with bumper stickers containing the word "fuck," I'd like to add the chrome testicles that people are starting to hang from their bumpers or trailer hitches to the list of vehicular adornments that are in poor taste.

Bunny Chow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bunny Chow » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:39 pm

towanda wrote:Along with bumper stickers containing the word "fuck," I'd like to add the chrome testicles that people are starting to hang from their bumpers or trailer hitches to the list of vehicular adornments that are in poor taste.

Yea but it reaffirms the common belief that men who get those obsessively large trucks weren't born with a pair of their own.

lardheppus
Forum Addict

Postby lardheppus » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:48 pm

towanda wrote:Along with bumper stickers containing the word "fuck," I'd like to add the chrome testicles that people are starting to hang from their bumpers or trailer hitches to the list of vehicular adornments that are in poor taste.

Don't be too hard on the guys with trailer hitch testicles. It's just a way of compensating for their shortcomings. :P

I can't get too excired abut bumper stickers, in fact, they can sometimes be fun. Once, while cruising the I toward Portage, I was passed by someone with an "abortions stop a beating heart" bumper sticker. Right after that was a billboard for Tommy Bartlett promising "heart pounding excitement". I found that mildly amusing.

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:44 am

Marvell wrote:I think my all time fave bumpersticker I ever saw was the one that read:

"I'm Not Fonda Hanoi Jane - Commie Traitor Bitch"

Somebody needs to just let the frickin' 60's go, already.

I saw that one within the last couple of months. I got a good chuckle with it being so out of date.

Speaking of out of date and annoying bumper stickers: those of you who insist on leaving stickers for John Kerry, Howard Dean, Hilary Clinton or any other past presidential hopefuls on your car look like idiots.

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:53 am

nevermore wrote:As for the rest of you, it's pretty messed up to get all bent-out-of-shape over a bumpersticker. If one enrages you to the point that you won't help a person in need simply because their bumpersticker enrages you, you need to seek professional help. Lighten up, Francis.

Agreed on that. Or maybe consider that the sticker was put on by the original owner who sold the car and the new owner did not feel necessary to scrape it off their new/used car.

Leave it to Bunny Chow to start a thread war over such a seemingly harmless topic as bumperstickers. Of course it all stems from her hatred of Obama, but will it never end?

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:04 pm

eriedasch wrote:will it never end?

I suspect it just did (see "Playing with dirt..." topic)

Return to “Catch All”