Health Club - What's with that person?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Re: Health Club - What's with that person?

Postby anyportinastorm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:08 pm

point well taken, charliedon'tsurf and I can certainly see your point...but I was a member of Princeton for 10 years ending in 2006 and yeah, it was fairly prevalent during my years--i wouldn't really know how it was during the peak hours between 4 and 7 since I tend to avoid the crowd and would usually work out in early afternoon or before 10pm. but lets get this thread back to original intent.

seashells

Postby seashells » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:47 pm

"Guy who imagines there is homosex going on all around him"

What's up with that guy?

anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby anyportinastorm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Jeez people, i was just saying what kind of behavior I don't appreciate at the gym..true-i don't like the person who grunts with 15 pound dumbbells, people who refuse to wipe down the equipment when they're done, equipment hogs and the farters...just like most of the other posts on here. But i really don't want to see two people going at it in the showers. Like I said before, seashells, go do a search of Princeton Club on craigslist personnals and see if it yields any results if you don't believe it's going on. Simply enough-I was just saying what type of behavior I don't like at the gym. I should have known that was going to get all the gay apologists worked up...and yes, i am gay...if that matters.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:29 pm

I've been to PC east lotsa times and I've never seen anything gayer than purple shorts. They will revoke your membership if somebody complains about your behavior. Try not to let your fantasies leak into your memories.

anyportinastorm
Forum Addict

Postby anyportinastorm » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Dust mite..you're the one who started this thread and I keep trying to bring it back to topic! I don't like the people who have sex in showers--take it home, take it to your car or if you're into public sex--take it to Olin Park for all I care, at least I know to stay away from that breeding ground...enough said...it's not a fantasy..it is reality. I know enough people who can back me up on this...now either start another thread on public sex or keep it to the original topic of what bugs you about people at the gym

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:52 pm

The last time I worked out at Princeton Club was September 11, 2001 so it's been awhile since I've been there. I was at the east side club and watched the second plane fly into the south tower while I was on a Precor elliptical trainer. I stopped in mid stride, looked around in horror and realized nobody was really registering what was going on. I walked out of the club and never went back.

That's just a little side story about my last day at Princess Club. Oh, by the way, the gay boys call the Princeton Club the Princess Club. But I was a long time member of Princeton and went to both east and west side clubs, back when the westside club was at the Odana Mall. And yes, I've had creepy men hit on me, many had rings on the fourth finger from the right on their left hand. I once had a guy come into the steam room, sit across from me, whip open his towel and start jacking off. I walked out. I even once had some creep think he could invite himself into my shower stall, he got pushed back quite forcefully.

And I'm gay, but I find that kind of aggressive behavior disgusting.

I've also been a member of Gold's Gym when it existed in Madison, the old Madison Athletic Club and Captial Fitness. I've seen various levels of cruising going on in each of those establishments, but the most obnoxious has been at Princeton Club. It's been over 7 years since I've stepped inside PC, so maybe it's changed but I don't think portie's comments should be summarily poo-poo'd as some of you have. It's easy to discount someone else's experience if it doesn't jive with your own experience. That doesn't make the other person's experience invalid, but it just might make you a judgmental bitch.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 am

white_rabbit wrote:I stopped in mid stride, looked around in horror and realized nobody was really registering what was going on. I walked out of the club and never went back.

I was at work and just kept working, albeit in a daze the entire day. I also kept working during the 2004 tsunami so I guess I am just an awful person.

I did give to the Red Cross afterwards though so hopefully I won't burn in hell forever.

BTW, it's "jibe".

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:17 am

bluethedog wrote:
white_rabbit wrote:I stopped in mid stride, looked around in horror and realized nobody was really registering what was going on. I walked out of the club and never went back.

I was at work and just kept working, albeit in a daze the entire day. I also kept working during the 2004 tsunami so I guess I am just an awful person.

I did give to the Red Cross afterwards though so hopefully I won't burn in hell forever.

BTW, it's "jibe".

I didn't go back because of any other reason than I fell into a brief depression over the 9/11 attacks and my membership was up the next month and I didn't renew. A few months later I joined Capital Fitness. I was just relating my last experience with PC, which I apologize, had nothing to do with the rest of my post or this thread. I didn't quit PC because the people on the treadmills didn't initially realize what was going on although after re-reading my post it could sound like that, but kudos on the snark.

bluethedog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bluethedog » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:21 am

Ah Christ, a thoughtful response - that's all you got?

You're no fun.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:54 pm

Right Bower wrote:Guy who blow dries his entire body, including pubic region.

I've seen that. I looked over once to see a guy holding a hair dryer an inch or so from his "out box." It's a hair dryer, not a hole dryer.

The guy who air guitars, air drums or air raps while listening to his iPod .

The short shorts guy.

The people who helped define the word "yellular."

The people who unplug the earphone jack from the TV and turn the volume all the way up, so they can allow us to listen to whatever they're watching.

The dude who picks his nose while between sets.

The couple who have to separate to go to their respective locker rooms, only to mack like one of them is shipping out to Iraq.

The old men who sit on the locker room benches naked. (and apparently don't wipe very well)

The idiots who leave their belongings at the gym: bags, clothes, jackets and keys. Yes, someone came to the gym with their keys and left without them. WTF?!?

The "jabber" who carries a steamer trunk full of powders, bottles and syringes from one station to the next. You can trace this asshole by following the piles of chalk dust.

The female "regular" who disappears for a couple weeks during the holidays only to return with a new pair of DDs.

The jackasses who won't pony up $5 for a padlock, yet complain when their locker gets looted.

The guys who check themselves out naked in the locker room.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:33 am

Yuck. I'm never going to a gym again.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm

I forgot a few:

The guy who comes out of the shower as stinky as he was going in.

The guy who talks business on his cell phone while he's in a stall doing his business. (Are we THAT time-bankrupt?)

And the latest monstrosity: The couple post-workout spooning on those disgusting gym mats. The gym mats that nobody ever wipes down and the the club staff mops off once a week. I've seen two separate couples doing this in the last couple days.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:15 pm

We have a fat guy who reads the paper and drinks water while standing a the trainers desk. He does this 3-4 times a week. Never seen him work out.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:We have a fat guy who reads the paper and drinks water while standing a the trainers desk. He does this 3-4 times a week. Never seen him work out.

There's a high-profile owner of the local "Cellular Huts" who comes to the gym just to hit on the young girls working at the front counter.

Nothing beats a captive audience. :roll:

ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Wed May 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Ugh, just witnessed this one last night:

- The old, dumpy guy that decides to trim his yellow, fungus-infected toenails after showering. Nothing underneath to catch the clippings. He also falls into the "membership only to use the hot tub/steam room," "trunk full of personal care products," and "lots of post-shower naked time" categories. In fact, the nail clipping occurred while sitting naked on a locker room bench. *shudder*

Coincidentally, ten minutes previously, I had a discussion with a maintenance guy about the industrial-strength disinfectants they use to kill every living thing in the locker rooms and pool area, so no need to cancel my membership.

Return to “Catch All”