She Chokes on More Than 4" and Doesn't Like It Wet

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

She Chokes on More Than 4" and Doesn't Like It Wet

Postby Oprah » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Bought a snowblower this year and am kickin' myself for going with her:

When I could've had her:

Lesson: It's worth the extra $200 if you want it blown well.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:39 am

i think i have the same one. it chokes on wet snow, can handle 6-8 dry i think. it worked for me on saturday, but sunday I had to scrape and used a shovel. i spent at least 2.5 hrs out yesterday, doing mine, doing my neighbors apron, and pushing 2 cars out of the street. I was sore already by 4pm. gettin' old.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:05 am

Oh, I can I sue all the jerks, on University Av, East of Midvale, (Shell, Whole Foods, etc) if I fall on their slippery, snowy sidewalks?!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:30 am

Bwis53 wrote:Oh, I can I sue all the jerks, on University Av, East of Midvale, (Shell, Whole Foods, etc) if I fall on their slippery, snowy sidewalks?!

The law, I believe, says that walks must be cleared, or at leasted sanded or salted, within 24 hours after the end of the snowfall. If not, it seems reasonable that those responsible for the snow removal are held civilly liable if you fall.

I wonder if the city will be handed out tickets soon.

You can report problem properties here: http://www.ci.madison.wi.us/reportaproblem/

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Does anyone know if I could get ticketed for not clearing my own driveway in a timely manner?
We don't have sidewalks on our street, and I was too hungover yesterday to shovel. Now it's frozen real good, and it is gonna be bitch to shovel!

thebookpolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby thebookpolice » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Hank_Venison wrote:Does anyone know if I could get ticketed for not clearing my own driveway in a timely manner?
We don't have sidewalks on our street, and I was too hungover yesterday to shovel. Now it's frozen real good, and it is gonna be bitch to shovel!

Sounds like you've discovered your own punishment.

jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:15 pm

If they do, they might hit up the state as the worst offender on the east side of the Square. GEF III's sidewalk is like a glacier.

square
Forum Addict

Postby square » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 pm

my parents got sued by some opportunistic bitch when i was younger. she found the only spot of ice on our sidewalk and did everything she could to slip on it. luckily, the courts sided with us.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:33 pm

Hank_Venison wrote:Does anyone know if I could get ticketed for not clearing my own driveway in a timely manner?

Did you get a ticket for not raking your leaves?

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Please do not pass snow and Go Directly to Capitol West.

Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paco » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:47 pm

narcoleptish wrote:

That's the ticket! Rake your leaves over your driveway. Not clearing your leaves is not an offense, so you're free & clear. It might work if you had sidewalks too!

No, your driveway is your property, and doesn't need to be cleared. When March rolls around, and i know it's going to melt, I just leave my driveway alone.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:54 pm

narcoleptish wrote:

LOL! No I did not, but I think this is a different situation. I know you are supposed to keep the walk in front of your house cleared, but since we have no sidewalks, not sure where I stand. What if someone tries to come to our front door and slips because the driveway isn't cleared? (our driveway doubles as the path to our door)
I do plan on clearing it eventually, but it is so frozen now, I may have to wait until it warms up
some, (or hire someone with a plow)

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 pm

I wonder if a flamethrower would be easier? I'd like to try that.

Why do so many people act as if this is the first time? Our Streets Superintendent, Al Schumacher, said this was a bad storm! Is he from down south? Related to Mayor Bilandic? If he thought this was bad, I hate to think what he would have done, during some of our old storms.

Oh, and about the bad sidewalks, I'm no kid. It hurts to walk on several bumpy, icy, slippery walks. I should have probably sued when I probably busted my knee, a couple years ago. I won't make that mistake again.

zier0001

Postby zier0001 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:17 pm

Bwis53 wrote:Oh, I can I sue all the jerks, on University Av, East of Midvale, (Shell, Whole Foods, etc) if I fall on their slippery, snowy sidewalks?!

Unfortunately for you, you would not have the rigth to sue anyone if you fall because of snow. A similar case was tried about 6 years ago and the court determined that you could not sue the property owners or the city. Your best bet is to call them and tell them that will not do business with them and report them to the city.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:02 pm

zier0001 wrote:A similar case was tried about 6 years ago and the court determined that you could not sue the property owners or the city.

The city gets three weeks to clean it up. After that, one probably has grounds for a suit.

zier0001 wrote:Your best bet is to call them and tell them that will not do business with them and report them to the city.

I agree, this is probably the best approach.

Return to “Catch All”