Wages over Xmas season

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Paco
Forum God/Goddess

Wages over Xmas season

Postby Paco » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:53 pm

was wondering if anyone knows the wages for holiday work...ie) Target, Borders, Menards, Shopko.....(east side only)

wouldn't hurt to get another job, wondering if it's worth it. No, I have no special talent, not that I'd get paid for anyway.

beenie
Forum Addict

Postby beenie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:47 pm

I haven't worked retail in many years, but I can't imagine it's much more than eight bucks an hour or so - if that.

Shipley
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shipley » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:52 pm

8 bucks is generous, hours a long and thankless, and scheduling is a nightmare.

but all my holiday work in the past did allow me to save up some bucks, mostly because I was working and didn't have time to spend any of the extra money I was making.

You'll want to hurry up though, these stores want people ready to work before Thanksgiving so that next weekend they can hit the ground running.

robbie webber
Forum God/Goddess

Postby robbie webber » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:56 pm

Long ago, before it was sold to Mattel, I worked for Pleasant Company. I raked in the money October - February (Customer Service and returns), then worked much less during the summer.

Although some of the warehouse duties have moved to DeForest, the call center is still in Middleton. They are always looking for people, and sometimes get desperate and hire people to pack shipments just for an evening or weekend. Keep an eye on the paper for ads asking for help.

But it's a long bike ride from your part of town, and the bus doesn't run late at night!

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:05 pm

I have a friend that used to work as a seasonal employee at Kohl's every year, but he did it more for the employee discount than for the extra money. If they still offer it, a lot of the department stores (Kohl's, Macy's, JC Penney's to name a few) usually have pretty decent employee discounts which can help with costs for people who have long gift lists.

Return to “Catch All”