Columnist ISO frustrated consumers

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Fearless Consumer

Columnist ISO frustrated consumers

Postby Fearless Consumer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:42 am

Bring me your disgruntled Verizon, Apple, Whirlpool customers! The ones who cheered for Mona Shaw when she descended on Comcast with a hammer, the ones who spend hours seething on hold for customer service, the ones who struggle to get a faceless corporation to do the right thing and finally, exhausted and bitter, give up.
I’m in the early stages of self-syndicating my Fearless Consumer column to alt-weeklies nationwide; until now, I’ve only intervened in disputes for readers of The Hook in Charlottesville, Virginia. If you’re having a dispute with a national company, I’m eager to hear from you; I have a solid track record of getting corporations to listen and to treat consumers with the respect they should have been accorded all along.
Email me at if you’d like to read one of my columns, go to ... atter.html. In this 2003 column, I tell the story of a couple whose glass Kitchen Aid cooktop blew up. Kitchen Aid’s We-Can’t-Be-Bothered attitude, which was among the most arrogant I’ve encountered in the course of hundreds of columns, improved markedly after I called to questions them closely about the exploding cooktop.
Please help me do what I love--inspiring corporations to treat their customers with respect--for a national audience, and email me your Tales of Consumer Angst!
Barbara Nordin
aka The Fearless Consumer

Return to “Catch All”