The Fonz in Bronze

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

The Fonz in Bronze

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:14 pm

Henry Winkler said he'd show up for the dedication. But where in Milwaukee should they put the statue of Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli?

I vote for where the Milky Way was on Port Washington Road. While it's actually in Glendale, not Milwaukee, it did serve as the model for Arnold's. There is a Kopp's Custard at that location now.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:40 pm

I'd rather have Joanie in macaroni. Yummy.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Whatever, North Shore Boy, the Fonz statue should clearly be outside Leon's Frozen Custard on South 27th Street.

Alas, MJS is reporting the intended location would be on Water and Wisconsin, the heart of Downtown.

I really, really hope this doesn't turn out to be lame.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Sheppy wrote:Whatever, North Shore Boy, the Fonz statue should clearly be outside Leon's Frozen Custard on South 27th Street.

That location is much more Laverne & Shirley than Happy Days.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:33 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Sheppy wrote:Whatever, North Shore Boy, the Fonz statue should clearly be outside Leon's Frozen Custard on South 27th Street.

For reasons I don't quite understand, that sounds like fightin' words.

But that said, I think a statue of L & S is actually a better choice for Milwaukee than the Fonz.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:57 pm

mrak wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:

For reasons I don't quite understand, that sounds like fightin' words.

But that said, I think a statue of L & S is actually a better choice for Milwaukee than the Fonz.

I'd like some Carmine Ragusa to go with my Joanie macaroni. Yummy.

mrak
Forum God/Goddess

Postby mrak » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 pm

And just to clarify: When I wrote L & S, I meant Laverne and Shirley. But now that I think about it, the same initials could have stood for Lenny and Squiggy.

Lenny and Squiggy wouldn't be a bad choice either.

But I meant Laverne and Shirley.

But wait: I'd be willing to compromise on that point. Laverne and Squiggy, maybe, or Lenny and Shirley.

As long as there's one L and one S, it's fine with me.

But I'd still prefer Laverne and Shirley.

Thank you.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:33 am

Whatever, total ass mrak, why don't you erect a statue of Lenny & Squiggy and Laverne & Shirley clear up your ass.

There will be no Laverne and Shirley statue in Milwaukee. There apparently will be a Fonzie statue. Apparently it will be made of bronze and will be placed downtown. Apparently it will "draw tourists." And apparently this is going to be "cool."

Henry Vilas:

Fonzie, Richie Cunningham and the boys are clearly much more "south side" than "north shore." Laverne & Shirley are really more West Side girls, not South Side. For one thing, there never was a brewery on the south side of the city. For another, the brownstone apartment blocks like theirs only exist on the west side and east side. Maybe there are one or two on th south side. And I just don't see them as east siders. Too blue collar.

So it's settled then:

- The Fonzie statue shall be located outside Leon's Frozen Custard, or, perhaps, in front of the new Harley Davdison Museum, the city's "coming soon" "tourist attraction" that will also be "cool" and "draw tourists." I'm picturing the Fonz in bronze leaning up against a Harley giving the thumbs up sign.

- The Laverne & Shirley statue shall be placed amidst the old Pabst Brewery, in the courtyard of the old Pabst tasting house (slated to be turned into a Hofbrau House microbrewery). Their statue shall portray the timeless scene, etched into our collective memories, of the girls placing glove on a beer bottle as it moves down the line.

- The Lenny & Squiggy statue shall be placed in the center of the atrium of the Milwaukee Art Museum. Santiago Calatrava might need to be consulted, but I'm sure he'll approve. It'll draw tourists.

- A magestic statue of Richie Cunningham shall be erected, in bronze, smack in front of the headquarters of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, for it was always Richie's dream to write for a major metropolitan daily newspaper. His statue shall portray him with pad of paper, pen in one hand, and pencil tucked behind his right ear. An alternate location for the Cunningham statue will the War Memorial, since he ultimately left Milwaukee to join the Army, never to be heard from again.

- A statue of Ralph Malph shall be erected on the grounds of Marquette University's dentristy school, since any serious fan of Happy Days knows that Ralph left the series to attend dentristy school at "a University."

- Charles "Chachi" Arcola shall be immortalized in bronze and placed in front of the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The statue of Mahatma Gahndi which stands there now will be removed and placed somewhere else, location to be determined.

Sheepy

Postby Sheepy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:20 am

There should also be a memorial statue for Chuck, Richie and Joanie's older brother who was in the first season (or two?) but then was never heard from again. He was a college basketball player, so his statue should have him in shorts & tanktop holding a basketball.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:27 am

What about Potsy?
Poor Potsy always gets overlooked. :cry:

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:44 am

Hank_Venison wrote:What about Potsy?
Poor Potsy always gets overlooked. :cry:

Fuck Potsy. God help me, there will never be a statue of that bastard in this city. That whining coward turned his back on everything we stand for. Should anyone dare to erect a statue to Potsy, I will personally organize a vigillante committee to steal away in the night and pull the statue down and hack it to bits with axes.

Sheppy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Sheppy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Sheepy wrote:There should also be a memorial statue for Chuck, Richie and Joanie's older brother who was in the first season (or two?) but then was never heard from again. He was a college basketball player, so his statue should have him in shorts & tanktop holding a basketball.

There is to be no mention of this "older brother" ever again. Period.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Postby MadMind » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:04 pm

Sheppy wrote:- Charles "Chachi" Arcola shall be immortalized in bronze and placed in front of the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The statue of Mahatma Gahndi which stands there now will be removed and placed somewhere else, location to be determined.

Or perhaps since the real life Chachi, Scott Baio, was such a player, that his statue should be erected in front of Milwaukee's synonymous singles joint - Victor's, or perhaps Silk, On The Border, or the venerable standby Heartbreakers.
Last edited by MadMind on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:26 pm

Sheepy wrote:There should also be a memorial statue for Chuck, Richie and Joanie's older brother who was in the first season (or two?) but then was never heard from again. He was a college basketball player, so his statue should have him in shorts & tanktop holding a basketball.

Tomb of the Unknown Brother

I would like to see a statue of Suzi Quatro.
Or a life-size doll.
Or one of those pocket---oop.
Sorry.

Sheepy

Postby Sheepy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:29 pm

Sheppy wrote:

There is to be no mention of this "older brother" ever again. Period.

Fine, I won't mention him, But:

Return to “Catch All”