Apartment Owners Decline to Rent to People With Tattoos.

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:10 am

This can't be good news for tenants.

http://www.channel3000.com/politics/143 ... etail.html

aaron
Forum God/Goddess

Postby aaron » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:05 am

I will weigh in here and say this:

"Back in the day" (when I was a much younger person) and when guys with long hair were still considered freaky and supposedly anti-establishment, I had very long hair, halfway down my back. I also sported a fairly full beard.

I was well aware of the stigma surrounding my look and chose to adopt it anyway, knowing full well that it would undoubtedly impact many of my day to day activities in a possibily negative way...including renting an apartment, getting a job, hell, even being served in a decent restaurant. And I was right, my appearance DID have an effect on a lot of thing I did or wanted to do.

I did not, however, feel the need to file a discrimination complaint or lawsuit, or even go to the media. It was part of the deal and I readily accepted it.

I feel this is pretty much the same: those who for whatever reason feel the need to cover themselves in tattoos or piercings should be prepared to be met with often unpleasant reactions from others. Deal with it and go about your business. There are plenty of other people who will readily accept you for who you are.

Thickovet

Closing the TRC

Postby Thickovet » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:35 pm

It is about time that haven for whiners, scofflaws and eviction candidates was put out of business. All they ever did was encourage the filthy scum that so often inhabit rental properties to ignore the basics of human decency, depositing their filth, complaining about every little thing making it impossible for a decent tenant to be treated fairly.

Always hanging the threat over the real estate entrepreneurs head that they would use the TRC as a cudgel to avoid facing up to their responsibilities as tenants and human beings.

Mr. Book Police: That old fashioned idea of a union is the only thing keeping you in a job. If that position were based on merit and the pay based on results you would probably have to work for a living.

Brenda K and her minions cannot keep those with the drive, ambition, tolerance for risk and all those other things that make America and capitalism great from trying to make a buck by providing housing for those that are lacking.
IZ? Ha. A miserable failure.
The latest attempt to make rental properties a municipal service won't get any farther than the trolley plan.
Let's get back to the basics and let the market take care of things instead of meddling in affairs that are not understood by anyone who pays rent instead of a mortgage.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Yay. It's another right-wing troll character. All renters are filthy scum. All union members are lazy.

Jason, can we set up a notification when a troll-wing character (caricature?) comes up with something new?

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm

I really wish Thickoshit would post where his rental properties are, I'm sure there are plenty who not want to accidently rent from him.

Thickovet

No Danger in 'Accidentally Renting" from me

Postby Thickovet » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Don't worry about a thing. I can spot you dirty hippies from a distance. The "No Vacancy" sign is in my trunk and you have to know the password AND the handshake to get as far as a showing let alone filling out an application, getting approved or actually moving in. I work By Referral Only.

Funny thing: My rentals are clean, in excellent repair with decent appliances, trimmed lawns, good paint, clean carpet and I intend to keep them that way.

You can keep this forum for your own blathering but that won't prevent me and others like me from our work.

Obviously you teachers are sooo busy with your work that you can log on midday and spout off your profanity. Don't you have some papers to grade? Oh...sorry, it is your union rules: School is out, no more work today!

white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:11 pm

So you're the puke who is trying to win the title of the late Boozak as Madison's assholiest landlord...Kudo's knob-junk.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:43 pm

I don't believe I ever stated I was a teacher.

Darthcrank
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Darthcrank » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:51 pm

supaunknown wrote:The latest gothy trend I don't get is the act of "suspension" - pulling people up in the air by chains hooked through their skin. I can think of SO many other things I'd rather do or see than that. Like watch a John Hughes movie.

I *have* suspended personally, and I would think twice about renting to you if you came to my door hanging from hooks to apply.
BTW, suspensions have absolutely no connection to "gothiness".

Darthcrank
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Darthcrank » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Luckily, the business of renting is just that, a business, and sound decisions that help your bottom line rule the day.
Folks who are overly sensitive about appearance will always get away with that kind of discrimination (unless they are total morons who actually *tell* you why they turned down your application....hey...are IP addresses captured here? because it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who troll landlord is and set his ass up...)

In the long run, if he winds up with an empty building more often than his competitors, he loses.

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:35 pm

Darthcrank wrote:Luckily, the business of renting is just that, a business, ....hey...are IP addresses captured here? because it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who troll landlord is and set his ass up...)

Nice, Sherlock, maybe you should get a job with the nsa/cia/fbi/mpd, or whatever, and "set peoples asses up" for a living.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:26 am

doppel wrote:
Darthcrank wrote:Luckily, the business of renting is just that, a business, ....hey...are IP addresses captured here? because it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who troll landlord is and set his ass up...)

Nice, Sherlock, maybe you should get a job with the nsa/cia/fbi/mpd, or whatever, and "set peoples asses up" for a living.

Nice, Bubba, maybe you should get some rest before you head over to Hot Topic tomorrow for a new "bad cop/no donut" t-shirt.

Darthcrank
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Darthcrank » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:05 pm

doppel wrote:

Hey, if you're dumb enough to go on a public chat board and admit you're an evil lawbreaking douche bag while assuming that you are anonymous, why not assume that he is dumb enough to to be sued successfully?

Thickovet

Postby Thickovet » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:37 pm

COME AND GET ME COPPERS !! ! ! !

You folks take yourselves so seriously.

This public message board is more like graffiti on a dry-erase board. Nobody really gives a shit what you think, say or threaten to do or not do. I hope you didn't lose a lot of sleep over this. The next opportunity I get to be a bomb-thrower and put you all in a tizzy will be appearing soon. Cower in fear, post your best but it doesn't amount to anything outside your little online world.

The post above that called being a landlord a business was the first sane thing I have read here. Of course it's a business...were the rest of you hoping it was some sort of a social program for underpaid overposters brought to you by Brenda K?

I do get a small kick out poking a stick in your cage and making you all bark...if only it weren't so easy.

TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:55 pm

You're boring. Tiresome. If you're still trying to "rattle cages," you'll have to do a lot better and be much more memorable.

Return to “Catch All”