I need help with a mouse probelm

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
roadkill bill
Forum God/Goddess

Postby roadkill bill » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:41 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I woke up the other morning, with three spiders, on my ceiling, and a milipede, the size of a VW, in my bathtub. I had to kill before I peed, 'cause them buggers are fast! Time to check cobwebs and resprinkle the boric acid.

Does boric acid do anything for spiders? Or I should say against spiders? No matter what I do, I cannot kep them under control, and I am somewhat allergic to spider bites.

Anyone have any other ideas? Although I love cats, I'd prefer to stay pet-free at the moment.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:37 pm

I just looked at my plastic squirt bottle of Pic Boric Acid. Directions say: Cockroaches, Ants and Silverfish. I used to have an exterminator for my house, who used a spray, that did it all. I nearly poisoned myself, just doing a light spray,in my apt. After I got a millipede in my bed, I broke down and bought the Boric Acid. Not as messy as I feared and no smell. All I've ever heard about spiders, is to keep after the cobwebs. I don't store food in lower cabinets and keep cereal, flour, suger well contained. If you live in a not so small place, you might want to try a little Ortho Home Defense. (I used that, when I had toddlers, in a medium sized apt.) Air out your place and you'll do real well. That's a very effective product, carefully used.

There used to be a marker-type bug poison, made specially for cupboards and corners, but it's hard to find.

Wet_Pavement
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wet_Pavement » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:00 am

I'm against killing the poor little Meeses.

Get a pair of gardening/work gloves and grab them gently. Take them far away. Easy solution and it's free.

Antoher way I once caught a mouse was using food to lure them out. You cover the food with some paper, a folded newspaper. When the mouse is under the newspaper, he thinks you can't see him for the simple reason he can't see you. Then cover the newspaper with a Tuperware bowl or some other plastic container. Gently slide a piece of cardboard underneath, and Voila! the mouse is trapped. Again, remove from the house and take far away.

Wet_Pavement
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wet_Pavement » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 am

Bruno wrote:Cat?

Some cats are just utterly worthless. We recently had a mouse. We also have a cat. We expected the cat to do its job. It was going to be either that or we were going to catch the mouse with some gloves and run him outside.

Well, next time we saw the mouse, it was when he was trying to burrow a hole along the baseboard. The cat was about 3 feet away, watching the mouse very intently, until we caught the mouse using some gloves.

Cats can be utterly worthless in these matters.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:58 am

I thought my old cat was lazy, until we got a couple mice. The mice died.

Return to “Catch All”