The indie rock beard

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:49 pm

I've got a totally stupid looking facial hair thing going now. Sideburn diagonally towards the chin that almost looks like a normal beard if my face were triangular on the bottom. I kind of like it because it's so strange. Now that I have described it I am sure I'll get a lot of greetings from TDPF people since I doubt anyone else is dumb enough to try this nonsense out.

I've noticed that people my age (30) or younger seem to like it, but anyone older than I am thinks it looks like the anti-christ's beard or something.

And the reason people have moustaches and possibly goatees is surely because it is a royal pain to shave those parts. Cheeks and neck are easy to shave.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:02 pm

TAsunder wrote:Cheeks and neck are easy to shave.

Speak for yourself. I hate, hate, hate shaving my neck. It doesn't matter which direction I shave, it hurts and bleeds in spots.

A gross couple of asides here, but I love to pull out my multi hair sets from their horribly cared for facial skin. It's some sort of odd victory. Then there's the occasional zit popping that results in an accidental/surprise hair cluster shooting out.

From the sounds of it, the indie gay guys here would be totally into my situation?

pulsewidth modulation
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The indie rock beard

Postby pulsewidth modulation » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:12 pm

Rosemary wrote:Facial hair isn't a dealbreaker or deal-maker for me. It's just hair. Other things matter more to me, like the ability to cook for oneself and the habit of keeping one's living quarters clean.

You have some high standards. You might as well have written: "He needs to have the ability to hold down a job or avoid 'borrowing' money."

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:50 am

juanton wrote:

Speak for yourself. I hate, hate, hate shaving my neck. It doesn't matter which direction I shave, it hurts and bleeds in spots.

I used to have that problem. Then I switched to "wetshaving" with glycerin based soap/cream and a more precise razor. And better technique.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:26 am

TAsunder wrote:
juanton wrote:

I used to have that problem. Then I switched to "wetshaving" with glycerin based soap/cream and a more precise razor. And better technique.

Wow! This thread has actually gotten more positive - usually these things degenerate in to name-calling or at the very least snarky comments, but this time it seems to be closing up with shaving tips.

-nt-

Kyle Motor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Kyle Motor » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:45 am

rrnate wrote:
Kyle Motor wrote:This winter, I plan to unveil the corporate rock beard.

It will attract women who love money. Jokes on them....I don't have any.

This sounds like a potential hit reality TV show for NBC.

-nt-

"Who Wants To Win A Dream Date With A Corporate Rock Beard?"

The lucky winner lady gets to shave my back.

ms4denmark
Forum Addict

Postby ms4denmark » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:01 am

juanton wrote:

Try Neutrogena's Shave Cream. I used to get razor burn and a bleeding neck all the time, but once I switched to that, I haven't had any real problems since. Also, don't know if you do this, but you should shave right after showering. I even go so far as to put the shave cream on and let it sit for a few minutes to set in.

A gross couple of asides here...From the sounds of it, the indie gay guys here would be totally into my situation?

Uh, can't speak for the other indie-mo's here, but the thought of a hairy region bursting with blood is not this gay guy's idea of a a turn on.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:20 am

ms4denmark wrote:
A gross couple of asides here...From the sounds of it, the indie gay guys here would be totally into my situation?

Uh, can't speak for the other indie-mo's here, but the thought of a hairy region bursting with blood is not this gay guy's idea of a a turn on.

You can speak for me, I have no idea where he got that idea.

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:29 am

Sorry, I was making some sort of lame connection with poorly cared for beards and some of the indie-mos(sp?) talking about their lust for indie boy beard.

I guess I'll take that lame attempt at humor somewhere else.

ms4denmark
Forum Addict

Postby ms4denmark » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:36 am

juanton wrote:Sorry, I was making some sort of lame connection with poorly cared for beards and some of the indie-mos(sp?) talking about their lust for indie boy beard.

I guess I'll take that lame attempt at humor somewhere else.

Aww...aww...Don't be like that. True that there are some really hot guys with beards (I'm talking to you cute guy who works at Pinkus), I'd just prefer them to not be spewing bloody hairballs out of their neck.

And, I really hope you got my end of the joke...

juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:38 am

ms4denmark wrote:And, I really hope you got my end of the joke...

You talking about them vaginas?

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:39 am

Styptic pen / alum blocks exist for a reason.

ms4denmark
Forum Addict

Postby ms4denmark » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:41 am

juanton wrote:
ms4denmark wrote:And, I really hope you got my end of the joke...

You talking about them vaginas?

I've never dabbled, but yes, I do know a bit...

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:06 am

Sexy?
Facial pubes stain by coffee and cigarettes, half a tuna sandwich stuck in it, a seething festering hotbed of disease and last night's puke?
Come on.

TAsunder
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TAsunder » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:17 am

blunt wrote:Sexy?
Facial pubes stain by coffee and cigarettes, half a tuna sandwich stuck in it, a seething festering hotbed of disease and last night's puke?
Come on.

Yeah, because we all know people with beards never shower or wash their faces...

Return to “Catch All”