The indie rock beard

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:24 pm

Lucky Wags has been blessed with super-soft beard. Don't ask me how I know this.

My whiskers more closely resemble something you'd find along the top of a fence at Gitmo Funcamp. I could create a 'No Pie' graph showing the direct correlation between my whiskers and my wife's revoltion.

I blame Don's Johnson for all this.

The Center Square
Forum Addict
Location: Above Phyllis Diller & next to Waylan Flowers & Madame

Postby The Center Square » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:48 pm

Cripes - forgot the most pertinent one to the thread.

"Tour Face"

A. Every other guy at the rock bar nowadays is in a band.
B. Every boy member of those kickass bands that goes out on tours (even a week out) grows Tour Face -at LEAST ONCE.
C. To create: No shaving on tour, and purposeful disheveled makeover commence. It's purposeful.
D. Worn like badge for a week or 2 after band members get back. Shown off at bars non-stop.
E. Becomes "Tour Burns" for a while, then is finally excised.
F. Repeat.

Now this seems to be targeted at the single men.
All married men who tour in bands are sluts.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Flat_Atom wrote:
Hank_Venison wrote:Well, I may not be a "(younger) lady", but I am a gay man, and I have never seen a man look better with facial hair than without.
A 5 O'clock shadow can be sexy, but full grown facial hair of any kind is just nasty looking, I don't care how well groomed it is.

You and I are on total opposite ends of the spectrum! That's cool n all...but I dig them burly bear men! Pasty skinny dudes w/ no testosterone are a huge turn off.

Well...maybe not total opposites, I do like a man with a hairy chest, and a nice "bush", (I hate this "manscaping" trend) I just don't like it on the face. It accentuates the lips too much, and there is just something about seeing lips against a wall of hair that is unattractive to me.

MadMind
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The indie rock beard

Postby MadMind » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:51 pm

jjoyce wrote:A question for the (younger) ladies:

I think the most disturbing part of this thread (so far) is the fact that no (younger) ladies have responded. Aren't there any (younger) ladies out there on TDP?

square
Forum Addict

Postby square » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:18 pm

my girlfriend makes fun of me all the time for wasting time on this forum. i think they're too busy tanning themselves to be stuck on a computer at 4 pm. seriously. i think if you check the stats, there are very few women under 30 on this forum. or any forum, for that matter.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:54 am

I'm not one for facial hair, but I wouldn't mind this Beard on my face:

minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:36 am

The Center Square wrote:
3. "Man, Kris Kristofferson. Now HE led THE life".
Also see JJoice's pic above. KKristofferson is going to get emulated by the 'laid back wanna-be 70's cowboy over and over until Karen Black finally dumps his ass or he kills off Harry Dean Stanton. Whichever comes first. This look is the only possible infraction on the single VS. taken thread. I mean, Kris Kristofferson is DREAMY!

If Gene Hackman had a beard, would he be an honest cop? And what about Doug Sahm's sideburns?

I'm with Juanton ... facial hair is in a direct proportion to laziness.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:43 am

Hank_Venison wrote:I do like a man with a hairy chest, and a nice "bush", (I hate this "manscaping" trend) I just don't like it on the face. It accentuates the lips too much, and there is just something about seeing lips against a wall of hair that is unattractive to me.

It's because, as a gay man, you are repelled by anything that looks like a vagina.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:59 am

blunt wrote:
Hank_Venison wrote:I do like a man with a hairy chest, and a nice "bush", (I hate this "manscaping" trend) I just don't like it on the face. It accentuates the lips too much, and there is just something about seeing lips against a wall of hair that is unattractive to me.

It's because, as a gay man, you are repelled by anything that looks like a vagina.

Ahhhh...that makes sense. So that's why gay men grow beards, so their faces look like vaginas to straight guys.

superman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby superman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:07 am

What about women who grow a beard on their legs?

meowzamusic
Forum God/Goddess

Postby meowzamusic » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:18 am

I recall from some long ago mustache thread on the DPF that there was a wide debate about those things. I stated that I thought mustaches were stupid and I stand by that--though you put a beard with 'em and they suddenly don't bug me as much. There must be something about the fact that the 'stache only guy takes pains to shave everywhere but this one part of his face which he then cultivates. Same thing with the beard only--I'm too cool for the 'stache but check out this patch of hair I have here on my chin, baby. If you're going to grow facial hair, why not go whole hog?

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:39 am

It's so easy a cave man could do it.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:23 am

minicat wrote:I'm with Juanton ... facial hair is in a direct proportion to laziness.

I agree. That's why I first grew mine some 30 plus years ago. That, and shaving is just too masochistic, like wearing a tie.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 am

As Mr. Carlin said, "Don't be scear'd, it's just a beard."

zsa zsa
Forum God/Goddess

Postby zsa zsa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:30 am

First of all beards are sexy.
Second, it's a passing trend at the moment. Not that beards aren't and haven't always been sexy.

So to reply to the actual topic of this thread....there is an indie rock bearded type out there, and they seem to be everywhere

Return to “Catch All”