Mother's Day Gift Ideas

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Postby Oprah » Tue May 08, 2007 9:01 pm

I heard a radio spot this afternoon suggesting that I give my mommy a pearl necklace for Mother's Day**.

Problem is that my father routinely gives these to her (e.g., anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Days).

Any other gift suggestions?

**Why is it Mother's Day, anyway, given that it is a day for all mothers. Shouldn't it be Mothers' Day**** instead?

****I've noticed plural possessives written as s's rather than just s', as in Mothers's Day. Is this a recent grammar rule change or was I learned wrong?

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Postby Marvell » Tue May 08, 2007 10:33 pm

Oprah wrote:I heard a radio spot this afternoon suggesting that I give my mommy a pearl necklace for Mother's Day.

Someone once sent me a collection of classified ads clipped from various random newspapers. One of them was for a supper-club type restaurant, which proudly proclaimed that, "On Mother's Day we will do your mother..again and again!"

I'm sure she'll love that.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:16 pm

My family isn't hung up on big stuff, so even a nice meal out is great. Maybe Mom would like a visit to a day spa. I hate it when I get a thing that doesn't match anything I've got. Or a natural brush when I need an artificial one. My guys know I love flowers, eating out and that I'm trying to replentish my collection of B-movies, so we all win. Does Mom drink? How about a bottle of the best?

Violet_Skye
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Violet_Skye » Wed May 09, 2007 5:26 pm

Definitely something to add to something she collects. Does she garden? Get her a GC to her favorite garden hangout. Something timely and fun for spring, and tell her you'll spend an afternoon helping her dig and plant and weed. Or take her to a play or musical or concert and out to eat. What ever you do, put some thought into it to be sure it suits her first, don't just go by what the commercials think she wants. I couldn't care less about a pearl necklace, myself. My daughter sent me a pink clip-on iPod shuffle for Mother's Day, custom engraved. I love it! In past years she has got me things like a paper shredder, I dearly wanted one...lol

Return to “Catch All”