Bathroom reading material

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here
white_rabbit
Forum God/Goddess

Postby white_rabbit » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:39 pm

When I'm constipated, I pick up a copy of The New Republic. That's usually enough to moes those grippers into being expelled into sewerland. Not as pleasant as castor oil, but more effective.

madkitkat
Forum Addict

Postby madkitkat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:23 pm

I must have something to read in order for the plumbing to work correctly. Anything! ...the back of the toothpaste tube, the instructions on my shampoo bottle, the list of ingredients in my hairspray. Some actual light reading, such as the Onion, will suffice. But it can't get any headier than that, otherwise I just get too caught up in the material instead of the task at hand.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:03 pm

Oh, you guys are makin' me laugh.

Some comedian had a bit that goes,"Stay away from the bathroom! Dad just went in there with the Sunday New York Times!"

Our family used to have a bet, how fast
younger son, would head to the bathroom
with the latest copy of Nitendo.

For me, light reading, Isthmus,apartment ads forever, Sunday's shopper Ads, (especially Target and Linens & Things),
Business letters, Garden, Art and rare fashion magazines.

Um, yeah and don't forget notepad & pencil!

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:42 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:Uncle John's Bathroom Readers are, well, perfect for reading in the bathroom.

I second that motion, er, movement, as the case may be. I've been reading Uncle John's books for years. For variety I'll take in a newspaper.

Oprah
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Oprah » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:06 am

madkitkat wrote:I must have something to read in order for the plumbing to work correctly. Anything! ...the back of the toothpaste tube, the instructions on my shampoo bottle, the list of ingredients in my hairspray.

I have the same problem, or to put positively, gift. The New Yorker r Parade are my current choices.

When making a road dump, I'll perouse the writings of the stall or count floor or ceiling tiles.

I also like to imagine I'm an astronaut.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:58 am

It's my contention that anyone who has the time to read anything of substance on the can is in serious need of some fiber.

Put down the book and eat a carrot, fer fuck's sake.

Lot of good all that book learnin' will do ya when you're dead of colon cancer within five years.

blunt
Forum God/Goddess

Postby blunt » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Chuck_Schick wrote:It's my contention that anyone who has the time to read anything of substance on the can is in serious need of some fiber.

Put down the book and eat a carrot, fer fuck's sake.

Lot of good all that book learnin' will do ya when you're dead of colon cancer within five years.

You seem to think that reading stops at the same time your colon does.
Sometimes a bathroom is the quietest refuge one can find to get some reading done.

Chuck_Schick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Chuck_Schick » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:44 am

blunt wrote:Sometimes a bathroom is the quietest refuge one can find to get some reading done.

Ohhhhh.

"Reading."

I getcha.

Hank_Venison
Forum Addict

Postby Hank_Venison » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:09 pm

pulseCzar wrote:Call me crazy but I don't read anything. I'm all for getting the job done and moving on ASAP. I just don't understand how sitting on hard plastic and reading amidst foul odors is, in any way, enjoyable.

Thank you for the voice of reason. I never understood the whole reading in the bathroom thing either.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:57 pm

You know, actually this post title kind of fits in front of the others. I guess I'll leave it like this.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:14 pm

narcoleptish wrote:You know, actually this post title kind of fits in front of the others. I guess I'll leave it like this.

I dunno.

I'm still trying to figure out the operational realities of a bathroom reading material library.

Maybe it could be underwritten by Purell.

LoopBo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby LoopBo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:I read the Isthmus, of course.

..and then wipe your ass with it?

omg j/k jj.

peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:10 pm

Well I read books that are too boring to read in more than 30 second increments. Sometimes they take me a year or so to finish, but its not like reading them is taking valuable time I'd be using for something else...the bathtub now, that is an excellent place to read (at least if the book belongs to me, just in case of catastrophe)

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:17 am

pulseCzar wrote:My couch is still more comfy!

To poop on?

Thusnelda
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Thusnelda » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:12 pm

Few things are more satisfying than getting home from work, picking up a fresh New Yorker from the mailbox and heading for a nice calming sojourn on the crapper.

I generally have a novel in there as well, reading about a chapter a sit. I did once read The Crimson Petal and the White in about five sits, though, which was fairly remarkable considering its girth and my numb ass.

Return to “Catch All”