Bannon booted from NSC

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Bannon booted from NSC

Postby Ned Flounders » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm

So Steve Bannon has been booted from the National Security Council. The White House spin on this is still a bit confused. White House sources are claiming that:

(1) This was planned all along. Bannon's role on the NSC was never going to be permanent.

(2) Bannon was only put on the NSC to keep an eye on Mike Flynn, because in the White House "we all knew Flynn had issues" (literal quote).

(3) Bannon never actually attended any NSC meetings anyway.

(4) Bannon's job was to "de-operationalize" (WTF?) the NSC and since that's been accomplished he's no longer needed.
Ummmmm...

So you hired a National Security Advisor whom you all knew "had issues" and who needed a "minder" to keep an eye on him at NSC meetings?

And the "minder" kept an eye on Flynn by not attending any meetings? For that matter, Flynn was fired two months ago.

Let's not even try to decipher the jibberish about Bannon's job of "de-operationalizing" the NSC.

None of this remotely makes any sense. Moronic monkeys have taken over the White House.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bannon booted from NSC

Postby Cadfael » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Yup. And they've still got a rock solid base.

My favorite internet quote on this:
"Apparently they already have enough White Supremacists."

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Fine with me. Never liked the guy to begin with.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Other than for the confusing optics, I don't know that this move has much meaning. For all we know, he may have exactly the same amount of influence on Trump as he did before.

Return to “National Politics & Government”