Sanders/Warren College for All Act

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Sanders/Warren College for All Act

Postby fflambeau » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Bernie Sanders has teamed up with Elizabeth Warren in the Senate (and 4 other Senatorial co-sponsors plus Keith Ellison and 13 other congressmen in the House). They have introduced a College for All Act to make college educations affordable (when I attended UW, the tuition was $119.50 a semester, as I remember).

The ‘College For All’ Act aims to eliminate college tuition and fees at public four-year colleges and universities for students from families that make up to $125,000 per year. The bill would make community college tuition-free for all income levels.

Trump has offered no details for educational reform but he is paying $25 million in legal settlements for his scam university after courts found him guilty of fraud.

Sanders’ office pegs the cost of the legislation at $600 billion, and it would be financed by a tax on Wall Street speculation. Source: https://www.thenation.com/article/berni ... tion-plan/

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sanders/Warren College for All Act

Postby gargantua » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Purely symbolic, since there is no chance that it will be passed by this Congress.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm just glad he posted a picture, so we knew which Bernie Sanders he was talking about.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:52 am

Bland wrote:I'm just glad he posted a picture, so we knew which Bernie Sanders he was talking about.

I thought Bernie Sanders was a white Subaru.

Return to “National Politics & Government”