Is Russiagate getting closer? (And impeachment?)

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Is Russiagate getting closer? (And impeachment?)

Postby fflambeau » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Mike Flynn, the disgraced former General that Donald Trump first selected as his National Security advisor and then dumped, is now willing to turn state's evidence and testify about Trump's ties with Russia. In return for immunity from prosecution. This according to multiple news media accounts.

This is beginning to look more and more like Watergate and the Russian connection is not going away: the story "has legs" to Trump's consternation. Another branch of it has to do with the Republican Congressman who head the Intelligence Committee and all the problems and baggage he has. I suspect he will be a former congressman soon.

How long before General Flynn either testifies or he is found dead of a "suicide" or a weird "accident". That's the Vlad Putin treatment.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Is Russiagate getting closer? (And impeachment?)

Postby fflambeau » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 am

My sense of the situation has now changed from about a month ago. A month ago, I thought it unlikely that Trump would be impeached because Democrats will love to run against him. That's still true but the GOP side of the equation has changed.

I now think the primary impetus for impeachment will come from the GOP and that it is entirely likely to happen because they would prefer dealing with President Pence. The Mike Flynn testimony, if he is granted immunity, will have the traditionalist GOPers running for their lives away from Trump. You can't have a party that has been running on the Red Menace since the 1950's suddenly embrace the leader of Russia after he has very likely interfered in the election of an American president. It won't play in Peoria.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:05 am

You could have used one of your other threads, like this one: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=65188&p=848811#p848811

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Beaver wrote:You could have used one of your other threads, like this one: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=65188&p=848811#p848811

That would assume a step between getting a thought in his head and starting a new thread.

Some of us look first to see if there is an existing thread before starting a new one. But that takes and extra step.

Return to “National Politics & Government”