Resistance Roundup

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Resistance Roundup

Postby fflambeau » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:20 pm

There's a really good roundup of resistance activities, including a free way for any citizen to have faxes sent to their representatives via Resistbot, over at The Guardian. Resistbot turns messages into faxes to your congressional leaders: and its free. You can also sign up for a free resistance newsletter that will be sent to you.

Check all the news (some of which is scary but also hilarious such as "Donald Grump" which has apparently been a PBS feature since 1994; Grump (played by the wonderfully malevolent actor, Joe Pesci) is a guy who wanted to do in Big Bird in favor of building Grump Towers ) out at:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/24/the-resistance-now-newsletter-resistbot-healthcare-bill

On PBS and Big Bird and Donald Grump see this: Dozens of people travelled to the Capitol in DC on Tuesday to deliver a petition – signed by 660,000 thousand people – against cuts to PBS.

"Trump’s proposed budget calls for the elimination of the Corporation of Public Broadcasting, which helps fund PBS and NPR.The Washington Post noted that Sesame Street has parodied Trump for decades – with a sporadically appearing character called “Donald Grump”. An episode from 1994 sees Big Bird lead a march against Grump – played by Joe Pesci- – to stop his evil plan to demolish Sesame Street and replace it with “Grump Tower”."

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Resistance Roundup

Postby Roy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey only..... what? Half dozen posts today!?

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Why does posting in a free society bother you? Can't take the heat?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:11 pm

I'm glad someone besides me starts threads.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm

fflambeau wrote:Why does posting in a free society bother you? Can't take the heat?

I take it just fine. The silliness, not so much.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Well, one man's meat (is another man's poison, right?).

What happened to the constitution and free speech? I don't see a comment in there about too many postings to a web site or one for alleged "silliness"; in fact, political free speech has earned, over the centuries, the highest level of protection from our courts, even Republicans!

But then, you only believe the Koch Brothers, corporations, and Steve Bannon deserve constitutional free speech protection.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Shorty wrote:I'm glad someone besides me starts threads.

Believe me, you're not the only one.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 pm

fflambeau wrote:What happened to the constitution and free speech? I don't see a comment in there about too many postings to a web site or one for alleged "silliness"; in fact, political free speech has earned, over the centuries, the highest level of protection from our courts, even Republicans!

Free speech under the Constitution has fuckall to do with inane postings to privately run websites. It's about the government limiting speech. I thought you said you were a lawyer? If so, I sure feel sorry for your clients, as well as any judge you ever argued a case in front of because dear lord are you an emptyheaded, blathering windbag.

Return to “National Politics & Government”