ISP's can sell customer data

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: ISP's can sell customer data

Postby gargantua » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:24 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:I have to admit that I'm so completely disillusioned with the world that I deactivated my facebook account. Drastic, I know, but one must take appropriate measures in times of dire consequence. ;)

Just think back to earlier in your life. There was no such thing as Facebook. Even before (gasp!) MySpace! Considering how coarse and demoralizing much of the discourse on Facebook is, I wouldn't characterize disconnecting from it as drastic. That's a peculiarly 21st century view. No offense, it's widely held.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:59 pm

gargantua wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:I have to admit that I'm so completely disillusioned with the world that I deactivated my facebook account. Drastic, I know, but one must take appropriate measures in times of dire consequence. ;)

Just think back to earlier in your life. There was no such thing as Facebook. Even before (gasp!) MySpace! Considering how coarse and demoralizing much of the discourse on Facebook is, I wouldn't characterize disconnecting from it as drastic. That's a peculiarly 21st century view. No offense, it's widely held.

Passed through Richland County today, home of a corrupt police force in the 80s-90s, not knowing that they nabbed Jakobowski until later. What a strange twist of fate for me...

I'm teasing about quiting FB as being drastic. But I'm to the point where I feel overwhelmed by current events combined with personal local events... Honestly wish I could be somewhere that feels normal right now.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 pm

I hope that you find that place.

Zoti Bemba
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Zoti Bemba » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:59 pm

Perhaps the WI 5th Congressional District is the Internet-optional utopia you seek? Though you'll probably need to go online to figure out where precisely its' gerrymandered boundaries are these days...

‘Nobody’s got to use the Internet’: A GOP lawmaker’s response to concerns about Web privacy
http://wapo.st/2nPh3JN?tid=ss_mail

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:18 pm

gargantua wrote:I hope that you find that place.

... just being near a small lake away from the chaos (IS & KDA) with actual fresh well-water/air, combined with cleaning up his yard this AM while he was hung over totally cheered me up.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 pm

There is much to be said for doing honest work, outside, on a nice day.

Return to “National Politics & Government”