Yes FBI investigating Russia, no Obama not tapping Trump's phone

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Yes FBI investigating Russia, no Obama not tapping Trump's phone

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:33 am

The FBI just officially stated that:

(1) Yes, there is an active FBI investigation into Russian meddling in the election and into Russian contacts with Trump associates; and

(2) No, Obama did not order the FBI to tap Trump's phones.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/p ... .html?_r=0

Trump was wrong, Breitbart was wrong, Roy was wrong. Are we astonished?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Yes FBI investigating Russia, no Obama not tapping Trump's phone

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 am

This is being discussed in several threads already. Are you fflambeau posting as Flounders?

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

There have been other threads in the past that discussed the Trump-Russia connection. There is one other thread (that I know of) that discussed Trump's paranoid and bizarre claims that President Obama had ordered his phones tapped.

This FBI announcement today brings those two topics together. It had not been mentioned anywhere else at the time I posted this (and still hasn't been mentioned anywhere else, as far as I know).

My guess is you're just being pissy because you're embarrassed about having credulously repeated the Trump/Breitbart hoax about Obama tapping his phones.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 am

Not at all. Start 100 threads, I am not admin here, nor would I care if I was.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am

And yet you posted just to complain. So it seems you do care, actually. And now you've posted again!

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 am

Ned Flounders wrote:And yet you posted just to complain. So it seems you do care, actually. And now you've posted again!

I do not care for myself, no. I care that you lower yourself.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks for posting yet again! I can't help but noticing, though, that you still haven't retracted this:

Roy wrote:
Ned Flounders wrote:This headline says it all:

White House attorneys scramble to come up with evidence to back Trump's 'wiretap' claims

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/white- ... ap-claims/

There is no need to scramble, it is already known that there was a wire tap..

The only questions left are who was called and what was said.

and you doubled down on it here:

Roy wrote:
Ned Flounders wrote:Well, gosh, you'd better call up Trump's lawyers and explain that to them, Roy.

No need to call them. It appears that you are the only one in total ignorance.

But (I know, this is totally hard to believe ...) you were wrong. Breitbart lied to you. Donald Trump lied to you.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Ned Flounders wrote:But (I know, this is totally hard to believe ...) you were wrong. Breitbart lied to you. Donald Trump lied to you.

Do you deny that every cellphone call, every email, and much more is recorded by the NSA. It may take a court order to see it, but we have been told for years that all our communications are recorded. Now you want to deny that?

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 pm

This video clip from today's hearing is astounding:

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/843855251811811328

I can't tell who the congressman is that's asking Comey those questions. But he seems to be displaying Roy-level obtuseness here.

Excruciating: Comey tries to explain to a Republican that if Putin wanted Clinton to lose, he wanted Trump to win

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Roy wrote:
Ned Flounders wrote:But (I know, this is totally hard to believe ...) you were wrong. Breitbart lied to you. Donald Trump lied to you.

Do you deny that every cellphone call, every email, and much more is recorded by the NSA. It may take a court order to see it, but we have been told for years that all our communications are recorded. Now you want to deny that?

Hahahaha, nice try but no. Here's the exact tweets from "President" Trump:

Donald J. Trump wrote:Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

Donald J. Trump wrote:Is it legal for a sitting President to be ‘wire tapping’ a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!

Donald J. Trump wrote:I’d bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

Donald J. Trump wrote:How low has President Obama gone to tapp [sic] my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

He got that idea from Breitbart, of course, just like you. He won't admit that he was lied to, and that he in turn pushed the lie further, just like you.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Ned Flounders wrote:Here's the exact tweets from "President" Trump:

I was not discussing tweets, from the President or anyone else. I WAS discussing NSA data collection techniques. Perhaps you have reading comprehension problems.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:06 pm

My reading is fine, but perhaps you have honesty problems. Here's the headline you were objecting to:

White House attorneys scramble to come up with evidence to back Trump's 'wiretap' claims

Yes, you were agreeing with Trump's nonsense. I can see why that would be embarrassing, but you'd be better off just admitting it and moving on. Pull the band-aid quickly, and all that.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Ned Flounders wrote:My reading is fine, but perhaps you have honesty problems. Here's the headline you were objecting to:

Yes, you were agreeing with Trump's nonsense. I can see why that would be embarrassing, but you'd be better off just admitting it and moving on. Pull the band-aid quickly, and all that.

Yes. Well at least we can agree that any phone calls by anyone from Trumps, Hilary's, or any other candidate was at least recorded.

Now all we need to discuss is if a FISA was requested, or if the data was just looked at, then leaked, without a FISA request, or if it was made up by the Trump. That is three outcomes, and no one, including you and I know the answer.

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Roy wrote:Well at least we can agree that any phone calls by anyone from Trumps, Hilary's, or any other candidate was at least recorded.

Link please.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Roy wrote:Well at least we can agree that any phone calls by anyone from Trumps, Hilary's, or any other candidate was at least recorded.

I don't agree to that. In the first place the NSA didn't "record" all phone calls, they collected records of phone calls (what number calls came from, what number they went to, duration, stuff like that.) Second of all they were forced to stop doing even that at the end of 2015.
Wanna move the goalposts again?

Return to “National Politics & Government”