Trump Insults Sweden and the Swedes

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.
fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Loose cannonball Donald Trump has done it again.

This time his target was....Sweden. Tyrant Trump told a crowd in Florida, "You look at what's happening last night in Sweden ... Sweden ... who would believe this?"

Well, the Swedish government doesn't believe it for one. Nothing in the way of terrorism has happened there.

Only some of the Tyrant's misguided followers will.
Last edited by fflambeau on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Trump Insults Sweden and the Swedes

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Do you ever read the recent posts? If so, why start a new thread on a topic already being discussed?

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Do you ever read the recent posts?

I think we all know that he doesn't. If you do a search for his "contributions" here you'll also see he almost never posts in any thread he didn't start. He isn't interested in this community even a little bit. He doesn't know how to use the quote function, he doesn't seem to know how to post a source link, and he doesn't listen to repeated pleas from many of us to please change his behavior. He's just a spammer when you get right down to it.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 am

Henry Vilas wrote:Do you ever read the recent posts? If so, why start a new thread on a topic already being discussed?

Where has the Swede comment been discussed? It's not always easy to find topics in existing threads.

I probably prefer Flambeau's style to big, long threads like "97% scientists agree". Those threads get so long they become too hard to follow and pointless.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:59 am

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:59 am

Shorty wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Do you ever read the recent posts? If so, why start a new thread on a topic already being discussed?

Where has the Swede comment been discussed?

Put Sweden into search on the top of this page. Voilà.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 am

Search results:

President Trump's cabinet
Trump voters remorse
Travel ban
The Suddenly $750 Pill
Give us Your Favorite "Alternative Fact"
Observations on Trump Administration
Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a Union job?

Looks like Trump's quote was discussed in a few of them. So if I want to comment, I have to look through those threads and figure out which one to post? This isn't easy. No "voila" at all.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 am

Shorty wrote:Looks like Trump's quote was discussed in a few of them. So if I want to comment, I have to look through those threads and figure out which one to post? This isn't easy. No "voila" at all.

What's the prize you're looking for when you get that viola? How do you know when you've gotten it right? Who tells you when you do? Who's keeping score? What's the current score?

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

helpful hints for forum users

Postby DCB » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:33 am

Shorty wrote:Search results:

President Trump's cabinet
Trump voters remorse
Travel ban
The Suddenly $750 Pill
Give us Your Favorite "Alternative Fact"
Observations on Trump Administration
Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a Union job?

Looks like Trump's quote was discussed in a few of them. So if I want to comment, I have to look through those threads and figure out which one to post? This isn't easy. No "voila" at all.

Were you unaware of how to search recent posts before Henry V clued you in?

OK, assuming that didn't you know how to search, would it at least occur you to look at the most recentthreads to see if this issue had already been brought up?

Assuming you've determined that "events in Sweden" had already been brought up in a few threads, does it even matter which one is the "right one"?

Assuming you find the plethora of recent "events in Sweden"-related threads confusing, which makes more sense - picking one arbitrarily, or creating yet another one?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:09 pm

"OK, assuming that didn't you know how to search".
Wrong assumption.

"would it at least occur you to look at the most recentthreads to see if this issue had already been brought up?"
So go to active topics and start looking at titles? Other than Flambeaus, I couldn't tell off hand which, if any, of them were discussing this topic.

"Assuming you've determined that "events in Sweden" had already been brought up in a few threads, does it even matter which one is the "right one"?"
Yes, I try to post only in threads where it's relevant.

"Assuming you find the plethora of recent "events in Sweden"-related threads confusing, which makes more sense - picking one arbitrarily, or creating yet another one?"
It's a toss up.

fflambeau
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fflambeau » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Exactly right, Shorty: Where has the Swede comment been discussed? It's not always easy to find topics in existing threads.

I probably prefer Flambeau's style to big, long threads like "97% scientists agree". Those threads get so long they become too hard to follow and pointless.

It's ridiculous to see such broad threads like, "Thoughts on my Navel" which can encompass anything. Better to make them specific so people can spot them easily and make comments. Most of the people who are complaining here are into the broad threads that can cover everything like: "Observations" and then they whine when someone puts up a specific thread that comments on something they think should be included in their generic thread.

Sorry, that's not my style.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 pm

fflambeau wrote:Exactly right, Shorty: Where has the Swede comment been discussed? It's not always easy to find topics in existing threads.

The left doesn't want to discuss it "factually" as it doesn't fit their narrative. The Swedish government's own figures show rape, murder and other violent crimes up.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bland » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:29 pm

Roy wrote:The Swedish government's own figures show rape, murder and other violent crimes up.

In a few places, having nothing to do with terrorists or immigrants.
But nice try.
Wait, no it wasn't. It was pathetic.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Bland wrote:
Roy wrote:The Swedish government's own figures show rape, murder and other violent crimes up.

In a few places, having nothing to do with terrorists or immigrants.
But nice try.
Wait, no it wasn't. It was pathetic.

It was a great try. Sorry the reality in your bubble is so pathetic.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:26 am

Meanwhile, Rioting Breaks Out In Sweden

It would appear the mainstream media (along with several celebrities and Swedish politicians) is going to be apologizing to President Trump once again.

Having spent the entire new cycle trying to ignore the immigrant crisis facing Sweden, and pin the ignorant tail on Trump, both Dagbladet and Expressen reports riots breaking out in the highly immigrant concentrated Stockholdm borough of Rinkeby, Sweden with police firing warning shots as 100s of young people throw stones and burn cars.

During the evening hundreds of young people gathered in the center of Rinkeby, well known for its high concentration of immigrants and people with immigrant ancestry.

Return to “National Politics & Government”